2 ASSISTANT PROFESSORS IN PSYCHOLOGY, HEALTH AND TECHNOLOGY
The department of Technology, Human and Institutional Behaviour (HIB), section Psychology, Health and Technology (PHT) at the University of Twente (UT) is …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 40 uur
- € 3746 - € 5826 per maand
The department of Technology, Human and Institutional Behaviour (HIB), section Psychology, Health and Technology (PHT) at the University of Twente (UT) is seeking two assistant professors of Psychology, Health and Technology (1,0 fte).
We offer an exciting position in a stimulating, international environment. You will develop and contribute to psychological and behavioural research on the role of technology is prevention, diagnostics, treatment, engagement and rehabilitation across the spectrum of health and well-being and (mental) and healthcare. The department has a focus on the development and evaluation of engaging personalized and adaptive interventions and a fit to this focus would be welcome. We have a strong culture of interdisciplinary research within the Health and Institutional Behaviour department, but also in collaboration with technological groups like Industrial Design or Human-Media Interaction. Furthermore, we have longstanding collaboration with hospitals, mental health care institutes and other healthcare organizations.
Various initiatives and infrastructures at Twente will enable exciting opportunities for research and education, for example the Center for eHealth and Wellbeing research, in specific the Persuasive Health Technology lab. Furthermore, there is an opportunity to contribute to BMS Faculty themes like health and resilience, and connect to interdisciplinary university-wide collaborations such as the Techmed Centre and the Digital Society Institute.
In addition to research, you will contribute to the education of our students, by coordinating, developing and teaching courses in the Bachelor and Master programmes of Psychology and Health Sciences. In these courses, the focus is on the development, evaluation and implementation of eHealth. You will engage in supervision of Bachelor and Master-theses in the Psychology and Health Sciences programmes and will supervise PhD-students.
- A PhD degree in a relevant discipline, preferably Psychology or Health Sciences;
- A creative, and 'getting-things-done' mindset;
- Experience in research in psychology, health and technology, which is apparent from (successful) grant applications, publications in reputable academic journals, presentations at international scientific conferences, and other academic output or activities;
- A passion for, and the ambition to become a creative and effective teacher;
- Experience in setting up and re-designing courses, and experience with or an interest in applying innovative (blended) teaching (or learning) methods;
- Possessing a (equivalent of) University Teaching Qualification certificate, or willing to obtain this;
- Excellent communication and networking skills and a proven talent to collaborate in interdisciplinary settings;
- Experience in design and research in (innovative) technologies or a proven interest in focusing on these topics in future research;
- Proficient in English (C2 level) and good command of Dutch is preferable.
Are you up for the challenge to improve the world with your research as well as teaching? Then apply now!
ConditionsWe offer one-year appointment that, when positively evaluated, will lead to a permanent appointment. The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda. The starting salary, depending on experience, ranges from
€ 3.746 to € 5.826 gross per month (in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities). The UT offers additional attractive employment conditions (8% holiday allowance, 8.3% end-of-year bonus, solid pension scheme, sabbatical leave, professional and personal development programs, etc.). International applicants are likely to qualify for a low 30% tax regime.
Additional informationFor more information please contact dr. Saskia Kelders (email@example.com) or dr. Hanneke Kip (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please submit your application before 27 August 2021 and include:
- A cover letter of at most 1.5 page, outlining your specific interest, qualifications and motivation to apply for this position;
- A full Curriculum Vitae, including contact information for at least two academic references; A writing sample.