Assistant/associate professor (tenure track) position on Advanced Energy Technologies in Hybrid Energy Systems
In the department Thermal and Fluid Engineering is an opening for a highly motivated and enthusiastic assistant/associate professor (tenure track) position on …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3637 - € 5656 per maand
In the department Thermal and Fluid Engineering is an opening for a highly motivated and enthusiastic assistant/associate professor (tenure track) position on the development of innovative energy technology for the supply of heat and power in the built environment. We are concerned with questions related to advanced applications of thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, heat transfer, reactions and new materials. Using a combined approach of theoretical analysis, numerical calculations and experimental investigations, the department aims to develop fundamental knowledge for new applications in industry and the built environment.
More than 30% of the energy supply in The Netherlands is consumed by the built environment for heating and power. In the coming decades, this energy supply has to be made sustainable and for this purpose we need technology breakthroughs for energy conversion and storage while keeping an eye on the functionality of the entire energy system in the built environment.
Heat, power and fuels are different energy carriers and are interchangeable: power can be changed into heat or fuels, fuels into heat and power, etc. By making new connections between different uses of these different energy carriers across time and place, a whole new hybrid energy system arises.
Your challenge is to make new connections between power, heat and fuels resulting in new advanced technology for energy conversion and storage in hybrid energy systems for the future built environment. Examples of research topics (not limited) are the development and integration of novel heat pumps, seasonal energy storage, reversible fuel cells, and hydrogen applications in buildings. The integration and optimization of the novel technologies in the system will be analyzed by developing dynamic models for the entire energy system.
You will offer graduate and undergraduate students a stimulating research environment for their education in the area of sustainable energy in the built environment. You will perform excellent scientific research in a national and international context with industrial relevance. You will also be involved in teaching of courses on BSc- and MSc-level (e.g. Energy Conversion Technology, Thermodynamics, Energy systems) and the supervision of students for their assignments.
Are you ready to contribute to a sustainable future with advanced energy technologies in the built environment?
- You are a highly motivated and enthusiastic researcher with a PhD degree in mechanical engineering, thermal engineering or comparable engineering backgrounds, with well-developed communication and project-management skills.
- You have a few years of international experience as postdoctoral researcher, and a significant publication record and teaching experience are a prerequisite.
- You can contribute to excellence in the field of thermal engineering, including experimental work as well as modelling.
- You have a passion for teaching and you hold a University Teaching Qualification (UTQ) for Dutch Universities, a similar qualification, or are willing to obtain this. You thrive in a collaborative environment and your managerial skills make a difference. Your communication skills in English are excellent. Mastering the Dutch language is not a prerequisite but should be a goal from the beginning.
- Because women are still a minority in a number of fields, they are warmly invited to apply.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
For further information you are welcome to contact:
- Prof.dr.ir. G. Brem, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +31534892561.
- Dr. M. Shahi, e-mail email@example.com or phone + +31534892362.
Please upload your application, including your CV, motivation for this position, research statement and education vision via the ‘Apply now’ button.
The application deadline is December 1th, 2019. Since only three documents can be uploaded per application, please combine documents if needed.
You will be appointed for 7 years, with the prospect of a permanent position. The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
We offer you:
- Gross monthly salary is between € 3.637,- and € 5.656,- depending on your experience and qualifications.
- A fulltime position with a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8,3%.
- A solid pension scheme.
- A minimum of 29 holidays in case of fulltime employment.
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave.
- Professional and personal development programs.
- A family friendly institution.
- Excellent research facilities.
- A high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers and other university staff is strongly encouraged.