Assistant Professor (0,8 - 1,0 FTE)
The department of Psychology of Conflict, Risk & Safety is looking for an Assistant Professor. Cornerstone of the department’s research and teaching is …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3637 - € 5656 per maand
The department of Psychology of Conflict, Risk & Safety is looking for an Assistant Professor. Cornerstone of the department’s research and teaching is the countless ways people can get involved in events that threaten the psychological, physical or societal safety. We approach such threats from a social psychological perspective with crossovers to clinical psychology, cognitive psychology, organizational psychology, communication sciences, and public administration. Our work includes topics such as conflict and crisis management, risk perception and risk communication, crime prevention, and restorative justice interventions.
Our research and teaching is designed:
- around new technology (e.g. for physiological measurements, eye tracking, sociometry, virtual reality, online communities), most notably by using our new state-of-the-art mobile lab facility;
- in close collaboration with partners from practice in the Netherlands and abroad, such as National Crisis Centres, law enforcement agencies, the military, ministries and municipalities, and the Dutch perspectief herstelbemiddeling.
The department's research is rooted in the Behavioural, Management, and Social Sciences (BMS) Faculty's core research themes of Resilience and Emerging technologies. We primarily teach in the educational bachelor and master programs of Psychology. We believe in a strong connection between research and teaching. The teaching/research ratio is 60/40 on average (depending on the success of attracting external funding).
- You are in possession of a PhD and have a background in social sciences (e.g. Psychology, Communication Sciences, Public Administration) related to the department's research areas (https://www.utwente.nl/en/bms/pcrv/).
- You embrace the UT motto High Tech Human Touch and see(k) opportunities in working in a technical environment and with our exciting state-of-the-art BMSlab.
- Preferably, and given the current composition of the team, you have a promising track record in the risk domain (risk psychology/communication) or in the field of psychology & urban technology.
- You have a strong entrepreneurial and valorization orientation. You enjoy working in multidisciplinary teams as well as with partners from practice.
- You have a proven ability to attract external research funding.
- You have a passion for teaching and the ambition to constantly improve your teaching skills using new and engaging teaching methods.
- You have good communication skills. Your English is at least at the C2 level.
- You are in possession of a University Teaching Qualification (or similar). If not, you are required to obtain one within two years.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
Applications should be submitted before September, 15, 2019. With your application please include a full CV, a motivational statement with regard to the high tech, human touch element of your work, and preferably 3 references. For more information on this position please contact prof. dr. Ellen Giebels, department head (firstname.lastname@example.org).
You will be appointed for two years with the prospect of a permanent position (possibility to effectuate sooner). The university offers a dynamic ecosystem; internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
- a dynamic, cooperative work environment with entrepreneurial and enthusiastic colleagues.
- A high degree of responsibility and independence.
- Professional and personal development programmes.
- Starting salary is between € 3.637 to € 5.656 gross per month based on your experience.
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%.
- A solid pension scheme.
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave.
- Minimum of 29 holiday days in case of full-time employment.