3 dagen geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Assistant Professor “Advanced heating and cooling technologies”
The Department of Thermal and Fluid Engineering at the University of Twente is currently seeking for an Assistant Professor in advanced heating and cooling …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 40 uur
- € 3548 - € 5922 per maand
The Department of Thermal and Fluid Engineering at the University of Twente is currently seeking for an Assistant Professor in advanced heating and cooling technologies for industry and the built environment. We are concerned with questions related to advanced applications of thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, heat transfer, reactions and new materials. Using a combined approach of theoretical analysis, numerical calculations and experimental investigations, the department aims to develop new and advanced knowledge for applications in industry and the built environment. Priority is given to the efficient use of energy and the minimization of environmental impact of our future energy systems
Highly flexible heating and cooling technologies that adapt their operation to the supply of green electricity will play an important role in the energy transition of the coming years, using carbon-free electrical energy to heat and cool our homes, offices, and to provide heat and cold for industrial applications. Your research may focus on the optimization and/or integration of heat pump systems, but also on the development of new advanced heating and cooling technologies based on e.g., thermoacoustic, magnetocaloric, adsorptive, chemical and thermomechanical principles. We have a well-equipped laboratory for experimental research and powerful computing facilities for numerical research.
You will also be involved in teaching of courses on BSc- and MSc-level (e.g. Energy Conversion Technology, Thermodynamics, Heat Transfer, Energy systems) and the supervision of students for their assignments.
Are you ready to contribute to a sustainable future with new advanced energy technologies in the built environment and industry?
- You hold a PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics, or a comparable field;
- You have strong analytical skills and excellent knowledge in thermodynamics and transport phenomena.
- You have proven experience in experimental and/or numerical research in the field of thermal management.
- You have a passion for teaching and you hold a University Teaching Qualification (UTQ) for Dutch Universities, a similar qualification, or are willing to obtain this.
- Your communication skills in English are excellent. Mastering the Dutch language is not a prerequisite but should be a goal from the beginning.
- You have a clear motivation to work in the sustainable energy field.
ConditionsYou will be appointed for two years, with the prospect of a permanent position after a positive evaluation within a very stimulating scientific environment. The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
- A gross salary between € 3.548,- and € 5.922,- per month, depending on experience and qualifications (job profile Assistant Professor level 1 or 2).
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%.
- A solid pension scheme.
- Minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment. A fulltime employment in practice means 40 hours a week, therefore resulting in 96 extra leave hours on an annual basis.
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave.
- Professional and personal development programs.
- A high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers and other university staff is strongly encouraged.
Additional informationFor further information, please contact Prof.dr.ir. W. Rohlfs. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +31 53 489 4859.
Please upload your application via the 'Apply now' button. The application deadline is the 19th of November 2021. Applications should consist of a covering letter explaining motivation and qualifications for the position and a full curriculum vitae, including a list of publications.
Please note that this vacancy is only open to female scientists. This is part of the University of Twente's strategy to increase the proportion of women among its faculty and to create a working environment that is diverse and inclusive and supportive of excellence in research and teaching.