Ongeveer 20 uur geleden - Universiteit Twente (UT) - Enschede
Assistant Professor Advanced Manufacturing
Within the Faculty of Engineering Technology, the Department of Design, Production and Management (DPM) is specialised in the development of methods and tools …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- € 3173 - € 4852 per maand
Within the Faculty of Engineering Technology, the Department of Design, Production and Management (DPM) is specialised in the development of methods and tools for the design of services, products, processes and complex systems. In education the department is involved in the Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering and Creative Technology bachelor and master programs of the University of Twente. The department utilizes excellent research facilities like the DesignLab, the Rapid Prototyping Lab, the VR-lab and the Smart Industry lab.
Within the department DPM a position for a highly motivated Assistant professor in the area of Advanced Manufacturing has opened up.
Are you ready to contribute to developing new technologies for a smarter and more sustainable world?
- Contribute to selected DPM research lines in the fields of Additive Manufacturing and Industrial Automation. Examples of selected recent research topics include the development of novel Additive Manufacturing process variants, New communication models in Smart Manufacturing Facilities, Design models for Industrial Automation processes and development processes for Ultra Personalized Products and Services;
- Initiate and acquire funding for new research activities and actively look for (international) partners to build research consortia;
- Contribute to the existing activities and new developments in the educational programs the Department is involved in. These include Mechanical Engineering, Creative Technology and Industrial Design Engineering. The expected teaching activities will be both to undergraduate and graduate students.
- Supervision of bachelor, master and PhD students;
- Contribute to building up a new Mechanical Engineering program in Amsterdam.
- You hold a PhD in technical sciences;
- You have a proven track record in Advanced Manufacturing technologies. Knowledge and/or experience in additive manufacturing, industrial automation and/or robotics is considered as a positive qualification.
- You have a strong interest in operating at crossroads of different disciplines;
- You have knowledge of and experience with Methodical Design processes;
- You have good communication skills;
- You have a passion for, or the ambition to become a creative teacher; willingness to obtain the University Teaching Qualification.
Are you up for the challenge to improve the world with your research as well as teaching on this state of the art technology field?
Information and application
Questions regarding this position can be directed to Tom Vaneker, phone: (+31)(0)53-4892472, or by e-mail email@example.com. Your application should include a letter of motivation, a CV, including a full publication list, and two references. Please send your application by using the application link below before September 15th 2018.
You will be appointed for two years, with the prospect of a permanent position after a positive evaluation. The university offers a very stimulating scientific environment and a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
- Gross monthly salary between € 3.173,- to € 4.852,- depending on experience and qualifications (job profile Assistant Professor level 2);
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A solid pension scheme;
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave;
- Minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment;
- Professional and personal development programs;
- A high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers and other university staff is strongly encouraged.