1 dag geleden - Radboudumc - Nijmegen
Assistant Professor (fulltime) Strategic Spatial Planning
Accelerated urbanization, in particular in the Global South, is challenging urban and regional planners who have to develop new ways of planning and governing …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3475 - € 5405 per maand
Accelerated urbanization, in particular in the Global South, is challenging urban and regional planners who have to develop new ways of planning and governing the city to respond to the fast-changing dynamics, increasing complexities and uncertainties. There is an urgent need to shift from sectorial to integrated, strategic planning and develop participatory approaches to co-create urban development plans, but also to provide an economic account of planned interventions to design economically sustainable and financially viable urban development, in addition to social and environmental concerns.
This position will broaden the department’s expertise on strategic spatial planning with an emphasis on the economic dimension of urban planning and development and the appreciation of participatory as well as geo-spatial approaches.
You will conduct international high-quality research on selected issues within the field of strategic spatial planning, such as land use planning, and further develop your research expertise and network in that field. You will teach Master’s level courses, supervise MSc theses and contribute to the development of educational modules and new educational approaches. You will supervise PhD students in conjunction with a departmental professor. You will engage in the acquisition of research funding and be open to undertake research and capacity development projects in cities in the Global South. You are willing to undertake management and administration tasks within the department. You will also initiate education projects.
- You possess a PhD in the field of spatial planning or urban and regional planning with a focus on the economic dimension of urban development.
- You have an excellent publication record in the field of spatial planning or urban and regional planning.
- You also have skills in and an understanding of the use of geo-spatial technologies in spatial planning.
- You have some experience in or affinity with participatory planning and decision making
- You have knowledge of or affinity with the urban context in the Global South.
- You have an aptitude for teaching, including lecturing and tutoring at an academic level.
- You have a track record in attracting funds to support your research.
- You have an affinity with a multi-cultural, post-graduate education environment.
- You have a willingness to undertake international travel to less developed countries.
- You have an excellent command of English. Knowledge of, or willingness to learn Dutch is an advantage.
Information and application
Please submit your application before 16 September 2018 (choose “apply here” below). Your application must include (i) a motivation letter clearly stating how you meet the selection criteria and also outlining your research and teaching interests and (ii) a detailed CV with references.
We offer an inspiring and challenging international environment. You will be employed for two years. Prolongation of the contract after this period is a possibility.
- Gross monthly salary between € 3.475,- and € 5.405,- depending on experience and qualifications (job profile Assistant Professor level 2 or 1)
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%
- Excellent support for research and facilities for professional and personal development
- A solid pension scheme
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave
- Minimum of 41 holiday days in case of full-time employment