ASSISTANT PROFESSOR NARRATIVE RESEARCH
The Technology, Human and Institutional Behaviour (HIB)-department, section Psychology, Health and Technology (PHT) at the University of Twente (UT) is …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 40 uur
- € 3746 - € 5826 per maand
The Technology, Human and Institutional Behaviour (HIB)-department, section Psychology, Health and Technology (PHT) at the University of Twente (UT) is seeking an assistant professor (1.0 fte) in narrative research.
We offer an exciting position in a stimulating, international environment. We have a strong culture of interdisciplinary research within the Institutional Behaviour department. Furthermore, we have longstanding collaboration with hospitals, mental health care institutes and other healthcare organizations. You will develop and contribute to narrative research, broadly conceived, with a specific focus on the use of technology. Ideally, you bring expertise in applying narrative theories to imagine meaningful lives in a technological world, to develop responsible artificial intelligence in storyline analysis and/or to design digital narrative interventions that support health and well-being.
Various initiatives and infastructures at Twente will enable exciting opportunities for research and education, for example the Center for eHealth and Wellbeing research, in specific the Story Lab. Furthermore, there is an opportunity to contribute to BMS Faculty themes like health and resilience, and connect to interdisciplinary university-wide collaborations such as the Techmed Centre and the Digital Society Institute. Throughout the faculty and university, we work together with scholars from the humanities, social sciences, and computer sciences.
In addition to research, you will contribute to the education of our students, by coordinating, developing and teaching courses in the Bachelor and Master program of Psychology. You will engage in supervision of Bachelor and Master-theses in the Psychology program and will supervise PhD-students. We welcome interdisciplinary researchers who can make a contribution to the education of psychologists of the future who have a keen understanding of the dynamics between persons and technologies.
- Experience in narrative research, which is apparent from (successful) grant applications, publications in reputable academic journals, presentations at international scientific conferences, and other academic output or activities;
- Experience in research in (innovative) technologies or a proven interest in focusing on these topics in future research;
- An interdisciplinary team worker in the field of social sciences and technology;
- A PhD degree in a relevant discipline, like Psychology, Social Sciences, or Humanities;
- A passion for, and the ambition to become a creative and effective teacher;
- Experience in setting up and re-designing courses, and experience with or an interest in applying innovative (blended) teaching (or learning) methods;
- Possessing an (equivalent of) University Teaching Qualification certificate, or willing to obtain this;
- A creative, and 'getting-things-done' mindset;
- Excellent communication and networking skills;
- Proficient in English (C2 level) and good command of Dutch is preferable.
ConditionsWe offer one-year appointment that, when positively evaluated, will lead to a permanent appointment. The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda. The starting salary, depending on experience, ranges from
€ 3.746 to € 5.826 gross per month (in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities). The UT offers additional attractive employment conditions (8% holiday allowance, 8.3% end-of-year bonus, solid pension scheme, sabbatical leave, professional and personal development programs, etc.). International applicants are likely to qualify for a low 30% tax regime.
Additional informationFor more information please contact prof. dr. Gerben Westerhof (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Anneke Sools (email@example.com). Please submit your application before 3 September 2021 and include:
- A cover letter of at most 1.5 page, outlining your specific interest, qualifications and motivation to apply for this position;
- A full Curriculum Vitae, including contact information for at least two academic references;
- A writing sample.