Assistant Professor Smart Coaching Technology 1 FTE
Within the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS), the Department of Biomedical Signals and Systems (BSS) is looking for …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3032 - € 5171 per maand
Within the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS), the Department of Biomedical Signals and Systems (BSS) is looking for a highly motivated Assistant Professor (f/m) in the area of Smart Coaching Technology.
Healthcare needs innovative cutting edge solutions to deliver both the quality and quantity that is required. A particular challenging area is intelligent monitoring and coaching systems for people with chronic conditions, to limit further damage to their health and enable them to live independently as long as possible. To be at the forefront of this development we need researchers and teachers who can integrate the required knowledge and skills from biomedical engineering, computer science and behavioral science.
Are you ready to contribute to developing live saving new technologies?
- As an assistant professor you will equally divide your time between research and teaching. Your research will focus on intelligent monitoring and coaching concepts and systems, which are applied for smart personalized behavior change supporting services and in the context of “caring homes” that intuitively feel the needs of the user and act appropriately.
- You will design, engineer and evaluate sensor equipped technology for the purpose of interaction with people and environments.
- You will be involved in the teaching program of EEMCS, in particular the Smart Technology track of the CreaTe curriculum.
- You will be required to obtain the University Teaching Qualification (BKO/UTQ).
- You are an ambitious and highly qualified academic who can combine innovative teaching and cutting edge research in the rapidly evolving area of creative technology.
- You have good communication skills and experience with teaching;
- You have a PhD-degree in biomedical engineering with a strong interest in computer science (intelligence and interaction) or vice versa.
Are you up for the challenge to improve the world with your research as well as teaching on this state of the art technology?
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
For more information please contact prof. dr.ir. (Hermie) Hermens, head of the Telemedicine research group (mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; tel. 053-4875702) or dr. Alma Schaafstal, programme director for CreaTe (email@example.com; tel. 053-4893708).
Submit your application (including curriculum vitae, list of publications, research statement, and two names of potential references) online before April 1st, 2018 to the University of Twente, for the attention of Prof. Hermens.
You will be appointed for 2 years, with the prospect of a permanent position after a positive evaluation, within a very stimulating scientific environment. The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
Starting salary between € 3.475,- to € 5.405,- gross per month based on your experience and qualifications;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A solid pension scheme;
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave;
- Minimum of 41 holidays in case of full-time employment;
- Professional and personal development programs;
- A high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers and other university staff is strongly encouraged.
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
The faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS) comprises three disciplines that shape Information and Communication Technology. ICT is more than communication. In almost every product we use mathematics, electronics and computer technology and ICT now contributes to all of societies' activities. The faculty works together intensively with industrial partners and researchers in the Netherlands and abroad and conducts extensive research for external commissioning parties and funders. The research which enjoys a high profile both at home and internationally, has been accommodated in the multidisciplinary research institutes MESA+, CTIT and MIRA.