3 dagen geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Assistant professor Technical Medicine in Orthopedic surgery and biomechanics (0,6 fte)
Are you passionate about using biomechanics to improve the outcome of orthopedic treatments? Do you want to improve musculoskeletal models to personalize …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 24 - 24 uur
- € 3807 - € 5922 per maand
Are you passionate about using biomechanics to improve the outcome of orthopedic treatments? Do you want to improve musculoskeletal models to personalize treatments? Work at a true campus university with a pleasant atmosphere? Then you will find this role an excellent fit.
The Department of Biomechanical Engineering at the University of Twente invites candidates for an assistant position to complement, extend and strengthen the department's competence in orthopedic surgery and biomechanics.
As an assistant professor you will work in the Biomechanical Engineering (BE) department of the Faculty of Engineering Technology. The department Biomechanical Engineering consists of approximately 80 employees and is engaged in biomedical research and the development and application of products for medicine and rehabilitation. We focus in particular on medical robotic systems, such as bionic prostheses, artificial organs, wearable exoskeletons, surgical robots and rehabilitation robots. We are part of the University's TechMed Centre and have an extensive network of hospitals, rehabilitation centres and companies, with whom we collaborate.
To learn more about the research and researchers within the Department of Biomechanical Engineering check our website https://www.utwente.nl/en/et/be/.
Our department has a strong track record in Biomechanics, where we seek to understand the complex biomechanical behaviors of normal and pathological human tissue as well as the musculoskeletal system. The resulting knowledge and computational models feed into novel methods of orthopedic treatment and rehabilitation. We wish to extend this programme by making the step to personalised treatment of orthopedic patients.
We are looking for a promising and passionate Assistant Professor who will be working on diverse projects in the area of personalised treatment of orthopedic surgery patients based on personalised musculo-skeletal predictions. The candidate is expected to participate in the teaching of courses offered by the department at Bachelor and at Master level to the educational programs technical medicine, industrial design, and biomedical engineering. The candidate is also expected to design and coordinate a module of technical medicine Bachelor program at the University of Twente. You will supervise students in their graduation assignments, and you will contribute towards the supervision of the PhD candidate(s).
In this role you will have the opportunity to grow, in time, into the role of Associate Professor. All your work takes place on the beautiful, green campus in Twente. Want to know more about the UT? Take a look here: [Our campus | Campus University of Twente (utwente.nl)](https://www.utwente.nl/en/campus/#catch-that-campus-feeling)
- PhD degree and expertise in a field relevant for the position.
- A successful scientific track record and be able to formulate an independent research program addressing current scientific and technical-medical challenges.
- Experience in, or secondary affiliation to an orthopedic surgery department is highly desirable.
- Preferable a master degree in technical medicine.
- Passion for teaching and you hold a University Teaching Qualification for Dutch Universities, a similar qualification, or are willing to obtain this.
- Ability to supervise, train, and support junior researchers.
- Ability to define and pursue an own research direction, evidenced by the track record and recommendations.
- Ability to design and deliver clear and engaging education.
- A team player who proactively searches collaboration with the other fields within the department and within the University and external parties.
- Good communication skills and an excellent command of English.
- Proficient in written and oral Dutch or willing to learn and master Dutch to lecture and interact with students in Dutch.
- Preferable experience in writing research proposals and obtaining external funding.
- We offer a position for 1 year for 24 hours a week, with the prospect of a permanent position after a positive evaluation.:
- A gross salary between € 3.807,- and € 5.922,- per month (based on fulltime contract), depending on experience and qualifications.
- Additional benefits include a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%.
- Professional and personal development programs.
- Well-equipped labs with professional lab technicians, like the Neuromechanics, Surgical Robotics and Wearable Robotics Labs.
- Possibilities to collaborate with other clinical departments affiliated to the department.
- Proximity to Enschede, a mid-size city with a large social offer, immersed in the nature of the Twente region.
- Open and vibrant work/lab atmosphere with social retreats.
Additional informationFor additional information regarding this position, please contact Prof. H. van der Kooij, email: email@example.com.
You can submit your application before November 23th 2021 (using the link below) including:
- A video (2-minute max) describing your scientific interests and why you want to apply for this position.
- A cover letter (1-page max) specifying how your experience and skills match the position as well as summarizing work.
- A CV including English and Dutch proficiency level, date of birth, experience overview, and publication list.
- Contact information for at least two academic references. A support letter will be requested only if your application is considered.