Assistant Professor (Tenure Track position) within the imaging and diagnostics domain – deep learning for model-driven image reconstruction
You will establish an independent research line in applied mathematics towards the emerging field of machine learning in inverse problems. With applications …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3475 - € 5405 per maand
You will establish an independent research line in applied mathematics towards the emerging field of machine learning in inverse problems. With applications in medical imaging science you will add synergistically to our current research portfolio.
In particular you have expertise in the field of deep learning in inverse problems with a particular focus on medical image reconstruction, e.g. for MRI, ultrasound, photoacoustics, or multi-modal combinations thereof. For a strong synergy within our faculty, additional interest in computer vision or AI/VR for robotics would be an asset.
We envision a full integration of these research lines within the Imaging and Diagnostics cluster and the imaging domain and infrastructure of the Technical Medicine (TechMed) Center of the University of Twente.
- You will conduct international high-quality research and give to developing a research network and leading a strong and visible research line.
- You should have an excellent scientific track record, will teach Bachelor and Master level courses, supervise BSc and MSc theses and contribute to the development of new courses.
- You are expected to be bold in attracting (national and European) research grants to support the research lines.
- You will lead PhD students in combination with the departmental professors and have obtained (an equivalent of) the Dutch Basic Teaching Qualification (BKO) or are willing to do so.
- You have a PhD in applied mathematics or computer science or in any other topic related to the program core domains.
- You have an excellent publication record covering at least one of the following areas: imaging science, inverse problems, machine learning theory or computer vision.
- You are a good collaborator who is able to combine and extend current knowledge and know-how to the departmental domains.
- You have an aptitude for teaching, including lecturing and tutoring at an academic level.
- You need an excellent command of English. Knowledge of, or willingness to learn Dutch is an advantage.
Information and application
For more information please contact dr. C. Brune, email@example.com and check the website https://www.utwente.nl/en/eemcs/sacs/. Applications, including a CV, a research plan, and contact information for 2 or more references, should be uploaded via www.utwente.nl/vacatures/en. A selection assessment can be part of the procedure.
The deadline for application is September 15th, 2018. Review of applicants will start in September 2018 and continue until the position has been filled.
You will be appointed in the tenure track for a maximum of 6 years. After successful completion of this track you will continue in a permanent position.
During this process your performance will be evaluated regularly. The goal of these evaluations is to keep track of your progress and to help you focus on maximum development of your scientific and educational goals. Criteria for evaluation comprise; a strong track record of publications, evaluation of teaching capacities and a demonstrated ability to acquire research funding and to achieve an international network and reputation. Shortly after your start you and your supervisors will set up a plan aimed at the successful completion of your tenure track.
During your career, you will have the opportunity to develop into an internationally acknowledged and recognized academic. We offer a structured career and personal development program designed to offer individual academics as much support as possible.
You will receive:
- Starting salary between € 3.545,- to € 5.405,- gross per month based on your experience;
- A start-up package for Tenure Trackers, incl. a PhD candidate at the start of the track;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A solid pension scheme;
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave;
- Minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment;
- Professional and personal improvement programs, including mentoring;
- A high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers and other university staff is strongly supported.
We stand for life science and technology. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nation origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.