Assistant Professors (3) interdisciplinary approaches to Behaviour Change & Technology
Many of the major societal challenges of our current and future world—such as transitions in health care, building capacity for resilience and risk- …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3637 - € 5656 per maand
Many of the major societal challenges of our current and future world—such as transitions in health care, building capacity for resilience and risk-management, creating inclusive and sustainable, safe communities—warrant a comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach to technological innovations. The HIB department comprises expertise in psychology, communication and public administration and aims to integrate individual, (inter)organizational, institutional, and societal perspectives on technologies of behaviour change. In addition, innovative technologies are increasingly used to understand human behaviour in our rapidly digitalizing world. The HIB-department is committed to designing, evaluating, implementing and teaching about comprehensive technology-based solutions supporting people in behaviour that promotes their health, safety, resilience, connectedness and joy.
We are looking for new colleagues who will support us in strengthening the link of innovative research methods with technology and behaviour change in order to advance multidisciplinary studies on human and institutional behaviours in living labs and real-life settings. You will share our ambition to find sustainable solutions to questions such as: How can we innovate behavioural sciences with digital technologies and data science? How do people react to and make sense of new technologies? How does technology shape the way people behave and interact?
You will contribute to education and research in this exciting field. As a teacher you will contribute to modules in bachelor and master programs of psychology, communication science, and public administration. You will outline research topics for Bachelor and Master theses that you will supervise. For more information about the education programs, see https://www.utwente.nl/en/pa/ (Public Administration); https://www.utwente.nl/en/com/ (Communication Science); https://www.utwente.nl/en/psy/ (Psychology).
In your research you will develop and contribute to a research line that fits well with the technological approach to behaviour change of the HIB-department. You will contribute to the interdisciplinary research domains of resilience or health and well-being in the faculty Behavioural, Management and Social sciences (BMS).
For the three vacant positions we are specifically looking for new colleagues with knowledge about and practice of interdisciplinary science. The aim is to integrate the various disciplinary perspectives (psychology, communication and governance) into more comprehensive models of behaviour change and applications of new technologies. Of special interest is expertise with multidisciplinary expertise bridging social sciences, technology and relevant societal ‘engineering’ challenges where promoting behaviour change related to sustainability of our world is one of the key issues. Examples are behaviours related to promotion of resilience, health and well-being, self-management of chronic diseases, prevention of cybercrime, infectious diseases, energy-transition, the AI revolution, robotization of the labour market, climate change and migration challenges, the challenge of populism.
- You hold a PhD in one of the relevant social sciences in relation to technology of behaviour change.
- You have have expertise with multidisciplinary approaches to behaviour change and are able to have a leading role in multidisciplinary research and in building collaborations between various disciplines.
- You have a specific interest for technological innovation in the context of social science.
- You are a passionate teacher multidisciplinary approaches to behaviour change, preferably holding a University Teaching Qualification and are able to teach and supervise students in educational programs of communication, psychology and/or public administration.
- You can underscore your talent with a track record in peer-reviewed publications, presentations and grant-acquistion.
- You are a teamplayer with excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- You are fluent in English (C1) and a good command of Dutch (B2 to C1) is preferable.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
For more information please contact prof. dr. (Ernst) Bohlmeijer, chair of the HIB-department: email@example.com; tel. 053-4894470. Submit your application (including curriculum vitae, list of publications, research statement and two names of potential references online (via the ‘Apply now’ button) before May, 23th 2020 to the University of Twente, at the attention of prof. dr. E.T. Bohlmeijer.
- You will be appointed for 38 hours per week, for four years with the prospect of a permanent position (possibility to effectuate sooner).
- The starting date will be September 1st, 2020 (or earlier).
- The university offers a dynamic ecosystem; internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
- A dynamic, cooperative work environment with entrepreneurial and enthusiastic colleagues.
- A high degree of responsibility and independence.
- Professional and personal development programmes.
- The terms of employment are in accordance with the Dutch Collective Labour Agreement for Universities (CAO).
- Starting salary is between € 3.637 and € 5.656 gross per month based on your experience.
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%.
- A solid pension scheme.
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave.
- Minimum of 29 holiday days in case of full-time employment.