PhD/PD position in WAX+ project
Heat storage using phase changes in paraffin wax is a fundamental technology with great potential to contribute significantly to the energy transition.The …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- € 2395 - € 3061 per maand
Heat storage using phase changes in paraffin wax is a fundamental technology with great potential to contribute significantly to the energy transition.
The WAX+ project aims to create new heterogeneous hybrid materials in which a highly conductive graphene network is embedded in paraffin to significantly improve the thermal responsiveness of the material. WAX+ involves a collaboration between Eindhoven University of Technology (TUE; Profs. Lyulin, Bobbert, Huinink and Friedrich) and the University of Twente (UT; Prof. Geurts). The project is associated with CCER, the Center for Computational Energy Research. In total three research positions are involved in WAX+ of which
- one is focussed on experimental work synthesizing and characterizing the new hybrid material (TUE),
- one is focussed on molecular dynamics analysis of heat transport at the nano scale (TUE) and
- one is focussed on multiscale modeling and simulation of heat transport on larger scales, up to system size (UT)
This advertisement concerns the PhD/PD position at the University of Twente (UT). In this sub-project we are targeting the development and application of computational models for the multiscale analysis of heat transport in hybrid paraffin with embedded highly conducting graphene heat pathways. The successful applicant will join the Multiscale Modeling and Simulation (MMS) group of the Department of Mathematics at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science.
For more information about the WAX+ project, click here.
We look for a highly motivated, enthusiastic researcher who is driven by scientific curiosity and has:
- an M.Sc. (PhD) degree in applied mathematics, applied physics, thermal engineering, or a related field
- a creative and interdisciplinary approach to pushing boundaries of science and engineering
- programming experience (e.g., Fortran, C++, Matlab, Python)
- proficiency in English and good oral and written communication skills
We offer an exciting temporary research position in a dynamic and international environment, combining the benefits of academic research with a topic of high industrial relevance. UT offers excellent working conditions, a stimulating scientific environment supported by an international scientific community on campus.
- You will be appointed on a fulltime PhD (PD) position for four (three) years, with a qualifier in the first year.
- You will have a full status as an employee at UT. This includes a pension plan, health care benefits and good secondary conditions as part of our collective labour agreement CAO-NU for Dutch universities.
- The salary of the PhD will range from EUR 2.395,- (1st year) to EUR 3.061,- (4th year) per month, plus holiday allowance (8%) and end-of-year bonus (8.3%). In case of interest at PD level, salary scales will be determined in relation to actual experience and expertise levels.
- We also offer facilities for professional and personal development.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature