Ongeveer 21 uur geleden - Radboudumc - Nijmegen
PhD - position in Experimental Optics/Photonics
The Complex Photonic Systems Chair in the Faculty of Science and Technology is looking for a PhD candidate in the research area of Experimental …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 2222 - € 2840 per maand
The Complex Photonic Systems Chair in the Faculty of Science and Technology is looking for a PhD candidate in the research area of Experimental Optics/Photonics
Despite large advances in both algorithms and computer technology, certain computationally hard problems (NP-hard) may be too difficult to be solved on today’s computers. In certain areas of application unconventional computational devices could help to overcome these limitations.
In this project, you will contribute to the development of a complex network of microlasers with tune-able tunnel couplings and test for its suitability as computational tool in optimization tasks. We aim at demonstrating that the proposed device has the potential to outperform standard methods of solving optimization problems by many orders of magnitude.
- You hold a masters degree in physics;
- You have excellent experimental skills and practical experience in one or more of the following fields: experimental optics, quantum optics, photonics, or laser physics;
- You possess experience in computer programming (e.g. C/C++);
- You preferably have an interest in the theoretical considerations in the field of statistical physics;
- You have a passion for improving optics by applying the latest scientific research;
- You perform well in a team and you have professional communication skills;
- You are fluent in English.
You will work in the internationally renowned group of Complex Photonic Systems, and you will be supervised by the project leader Dr. Jan Klaers and the Chair of the group, Prof.dr.Willem Vos.
For more information on this vacancy you can contact Dr. Jan Klaers: email@example.com or tel. **3153-4897691.
We offer a challenging fulltime position for four years in an inspiring multidisciplinary and international environment. Our university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
- A starting salary of € 2.222 in the first year and a salary of € 2.840 in the fourth year gross per month;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A solid pension scheme;
- Minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment;
- Professional and personal development programs.
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
Within the TNW Faculty (Faculty of Science & Technology) of the University of Twente some 700 staff members and 2000 students are involved in training and research on the interface of chemical technology, applied physics and biomedical technology. Fields of application include sustainable energy, process technology and materials science, nanotechnology and technical medicine. Research, which enjoys a high profile both at home and internationally, has been accommodated in the multidisciplinary research institutes MESA+ and MIRA. The faculty works together intensively with industrial partners and researchers in the Netherlands and abroad and conducts extensive research for external commissioning parties and funders.