Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Postdoc Citizen Science Responsible Innovation in Digital Health
In the 3-year research and innovation programme TOPFIT Citizenlab we will bring together citizens, health professionals, companies and researchers for …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3255 - € 4978 per maand
In the 3-year research and innovation programme TOPFIT Citizenlab we will bring together citizens, health professionals, companies and researchers for developing and embedding technological innovations for care and health:
For this ambitious project University of Twente is searching for 6 postdoc researchers. Being one of them, you will study how different forms of early involvement of citizens can contribute to responsible innovation in digital health. In particular, you will investigate the roles Citizenlab and Citizen Science can take in innovation processes, and the needs, opportunities and effects of citizen involvement in the Twente health innovation system. Innovations will relate to those tested and implemented in the 3 pilots of Citizenlab:
- Citizens & diabetes
- Healthy citizens at work (care at home & work)
- Citizen involvement in development and embedding of new technologies (Rheumatism HandScan & Diameter) but also beyond. You will collaborate with other postdocs and partners in Citizenlab and with partners in Norway. Part of the position is related to an international project funded by the Norwegian Research Council.
The Department of Science, Technology and Policy Studies (STePS) is part of the Faculty of Behavioural, Management and Social Sciences and embedded in the cluster "Technology, Policy, Society". At STePS we navigate technology and sciences in societies, through world-class multidisciplinary research, intensive education and practical interventions. We assess technological innovation and sociotechnical change, studying the past and anticipating the future. We stir constructive debate and identify productive steering options for governments, academic institutions, civil society, user organisations, and firms – in Europe and in emerging economies. We work towards better governance of science, technology and innovation, addressing major societal challenges such as sustainable energy and health, together with the players in the field.
- you hold a PhD, preferably in the field of science, technology and innovation studies, in particular user innovation, user involvement, living labs, innovation networks and (eco)systems, responsible innovation, or related fields
- you are experienced in empirical research methods, in particular qualitative interviews,
- experienced in academic writing, demonstrated by (co-)authored peer-reviewed journals
- you are fluent in English (C2) and have basic competences in Dutch (B2)
- you have affinity with the vision of citizen science, citizen involvement and working in a transdisciplinary team
- you are collaborative and communicative, in relation to colleagues and citizens
- you are able to work creatively, flexible, and rather independently in a large project that will evolve in the coming years
Information and Application
For further information about this vacancy please contact dr. Kornelia Konrad, assistant professor, email: email@example.com and tel. 053-4893906.
Your application, including a motivation letter and actual CV can be uploaded via the following link until October 20 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
We offer a very challenging position, with space and opportunities for your ideas and initiatives.
You will be employed for 28 to 38 hours a week, for a period of two years at first instance, in accordance with the Dutch Labour Agreement (CAO).
Your salary will be between €3.255 to € 4.978 gross per month on fulltime basis, depending of your experience.