Ongeveer 19 uur geleden - Radboudumc - Nijmegen
Assistant Professor Biology Education (0.8 - 1.0 FTE)
Do you want to use your talents to develop, investigate and innovate biology and science education? Then you’re the person for this job!
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 30 - 40 uur
- € 3746 - € 5127 per maand
As an Assistant Professor of Biology Education, you contribute to the core tasks of the group: research, education and outreach. You will participate in and initiate biology/science education research that is in line with the FI research programme 2021-2026, but also has its own character. You will be teaching within the Bachelor's and Master's programmes in the field of Science Education and Communication, where we expect you to be able to play a role in educational development and innovation. You will also be part of projects in the field of outreach and valorisation, such as the projects within U-Talent and/or (ongoing) European projects. Lastly, the supervision of Master's and PhD students is an important and rewarding aspect of the function. You are intrinsically motivated to publish in leading scientific journals and obtain external research funding.
Our ideal candidate is committed and has a collaborative spirit. You also have:
- a background in biology or life sciences as evidenced by at least a Bachelor's degree in one of the disciplines;
- demonstrated interest in and experience with biology education research, in line with the FI research programme;
- a PhD in a relevant field, for example, biology education, educational sciences, or a PhD in a biological subject combined with extensive experience in secondary education;
- oral and written command of the Dutch and English language (or you are willing to learn the Dutch language);
- a first-degree qualification in biology is considered an advantage.
- an appointment at the level of Assistant Professor, initially based on a temporary employment contract (0.8-1.0 FTE) for a period of 1 year (incl. 2 months probationary period), with the prospect of a permanent employment contract upon proven suitability;
- a gross salary – depending on education and experience - ranging between €3,746 and €5,127 (scale 11 according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities (cao)) per month for a full-time employment;
- salaries are supplemented with a holiday allowance of 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.3% per year;
- a pension scheme, collective insurance schemes, and partially paid parental leave based on the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities.
More information about working at the Faculty of Science can be found here.
Additional informationInterviews will take place in the second half of September.
If you have any questions about this position, please don't hesitate to contact Professor Wouter van Joolingen, via email@example.com, 06 34 85 32 82, or Dr. Marie-Christine Knippels, via firstname.lastname@example.org, 06 12 57 93 33.
Do you have a question about the application procedure? Please send an email to email@example.com, stating the job title.