Assistant Professor Educational Sciences (0.8-1.0 fte)
Do you have expertise in the area of assessment and evaluation in Dutch primary, secondary and higher education and want to teach and do research? Read on!
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 3746 - € 5826 per maand
The Department of Education & Pedagogy, division Education, has a vacancy for an assistant professor who will teach in one or more of the programmes in which the department is involved, and will carry out research within the research programme Education and Learning. More specifically, we look for candidates with expertise in the area of assessment and evaluation in Dutch primary, secondary and higher education. This area includes formative assessment, summative assessment, assessment for learning, programmatic assessment, tests and test theory, assessment methodologies, test methodologies, evaluation methods, statistical analyses for the psychometric properties of tests and research instruments, and so forth. We would welcome those candidates with experience in teaching and coordinating courses about assessment and evaluation and conducting research in this domain.
- In education, the assistant professor is involved in teaching, course development, assessment, course or programme evaluation, supervision of students, course or programme coordination.
- In research, the assistant professor is involved in managing, and carrying out research projects, writing research proposals and contributing the acquisition of research funds and valorisation of research results.
- In the organisation, the assistant professor takes part in/chairs working groups, committees or project teams in the department.
We are looking for someone who:
- holds a PhD degree and has research experience in one of the sciences relevant for education (Educational or Learning Sciences, Educational Technology, Psychology, or Pedagogy with a focus on assessment and evaluation);
- holds a Basic Teaching Qualification from a Dutch or foreign university, or is willing to acquire this qualification in the near future;
- fulfils the criteria for admission to the Interuniversity Centre for Educational Sciences (ICO);
- is creative and productive in his or her scientific work, as for instance evidenced by publications in (international) peer reviewed journals;
- has excellent teaching skills and has experience in one or more of the domains relevant for the degree programmes of the division with a focus on assessment and evaluation.
- is able to contribute to the acquisition of external research funding for the benefit of the research programme. Experience in acquiring personal grants (e.g. Rubicon, Veni) is an advantage;
- is demonstrably effective in supervising students and PhD students;
- has an eye for the modernisation of teaching methods, and can apply own research expertise to teaching;
- is committed, collegial, inspiring and approachable;
- is native speaking or proficient in Dutch or willing to learn Dutch within a short period of time and has a good command of the English language.
ConditionsThis is a temporary position of 0.8-1.0 FTE for the duration of one to three years. In case of a good performance, an indefinite employment is one of the possibilities. The minimum gross salary is € 3,746 and the maximum gross salary is € 5,826 (scale 11/12 of the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities) per month, at a full-time employment.
Besides that, you will receive a holiday allowance of 8 % and a year-end bonus of 8.3 %. Utrecht University also has an appealing package of terms of employment, including the choice for a good balance between work and private (a good arrangement for leave, among other things), possibilities for development and an excellent pension scheme. More information on working at Utrecht University can be found here.