Assistant Professor in Clinical Psychology (1.0 FTE)
Utrecht University is looking for an Assistant Professor in Clinical Psychology. Interested? Read more and apply here.
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 40 uur
- € 3637 - € 5656 per maand
Utrecht University is looking for an Assistant Professor in Clinical Psychology. You will be employed in the Division of Psychology of the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences, specifically the Department of Clinical Psychology. Your past and future research needs to fit within the context of the department’s research programmes that have received a positive evaluation in the VSNU research review. The department has two broad research programmes.
The first encompasses (mostly applied) research on consequences of loss and psychotrauma and depression and the efficacy of interventions. Your position will be in this programme. The second includes (mostly experimental) research on causes, underlying mechanisms and treatments of posttraumatic stress disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, and anxiety disorders.
You will be teaching in the Bachelor’s degree programme in Psychology and the international Master’s degree programme in Clinical Psychology. Teaching in the Bachelor is in Dutch, in the Master in English.
We expect clinical expertise and experience, a clinical registration is a condition for this position. Agreements about maintaining clinical registrations are part of the appointment. The position involves 60% teaching activities and 40% research time. The core tasks include:
- participating in teaching at a Bachelor’s and Master’s level. Teaching involves individual supervision of clinical internships and research theses, lectures and workgroups in clinically oriented courses;
- coordination of parts of the curriculum, including the internship in the Master;
- participating in the research programme on consequences of loss and psychotrauma and depression and the efficacy of interventions;
- publishing research findings in (high impact) international scientific journals;
- contributing to the acquisition of external research funding for the benefit of the research programme.
We are looking for someone who:
- has a PhD degree in the field of Clinical Psychology;
- has a relevant clinical registration (e.g., as psychotherapist (Psychotherapeut) and/or health care psychologist (GZ-Psycholoog)) and extensive clinical experience;
- has good teaching skills, preferably shown by teaching experience in Clinical Psychology;
- has scientific creativity and productivity, as shown by recent (international) peer-reviewed publications;
- has a sharp eye for innovation of teaching methods and is prepared to contribute (within the team) to the optimization of the quality of teaching;
- holds a Dutch Teaching Qualification (BKO) or is willing to acquire this qualification(s) in the near future;
- masters English and Dutch at an academic level (non-Dutch applicants should be willing to acquire proficiency in Dutch within 2 years);
- is acquainted with Dutch mental health care;
- is effective and efficient, has excellent social skills, and is a team player.
We offer a full-time position for one year. Upon a positive performance the appointment will be followed by a permanent position. Your salary will range from a minimum of €3,637 to a maximum of €5,656 per month based on a full-time appointment (i.e. salary scale 11/12 according to the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities). In addition, we offer attractive and flexible secondary terms of employment such as an annual holiday pay of 8%, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3% per year and partially paid parental leave. We also provide an attractive working environment and a vibrant research climate. For more information visit: Working at Utrecht University.
Additional information about this position can be obtained from prof. dr. Paul Boelen, via firstname.lastname@example.org.