Assistant Professor in Marketing (Tenure Track, 1.0 FTE)
Utrecht University's Faculty of Law, Economics and Governance is looking for an Assistant Professor in Marketing. Are you interested? Then please read the full profile and apply.
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 40 uur
- € 3637 - € 4978 per maand
Utrecht University School of Economics (U.S.E.) has a vacancy for a tenure-track Assistant Professor, as of 1 February 2020. Candidates with interest and expertise in Marketing, Business Development and/or Entrepreneurship are invited to apply.
The candidate is expected to publish in international peer-reviewed journals, and to teach marketing and (possibly) entrepreneurship courses in our bachelor Economics and Business Economics, and our master programme in Business Development & Entrepreneurship, and Science and Business Management. Teaching is in English. Also, the candidate is expected to contribute to Utrecht University’s research themes ‘Institutions for Open Societies’ or ‘Pathways to Sustainability’.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- hold a doctorate in Economics, Business Economics or a related discipline (e.g.; Management);
- have a potential for excellence in research, targeting publications in good international peer-reviewed journals;
- have knowledge of and experience with different research methods;
- be able to inspire students from undergraduate to graduate levels, and prior teaching experience is a plus;
- have excellent communication and coordination skills;
- have an excellent command of spoken and written English.
We prefer a candidate with a background demonstrating expertise in teaching courses in Marketing, Entrepreneurship/Business Development, and preferably a mix of the two. As for research, the candidate should match with the research done by staff members of the Entrepreneurship section of U.S.E. (in particular the research areas of user and distributed innovation, intrapreneurship, entrepreneurship) and be willing to connect with other topics studied by staff members of our school (e.g., strategy, consumer behavior, behavioral economics, sustainable finance).
U.S.E. is particularly interested in candidates with recently finished PhD’s (< 4 years ago).
U.S.E. offers a Tenure-Track appointment as an Assistant Professor for 4 years, after which the candidate can be appointed as an Assistant Professor with Tenure. During the Tenure Track period 40% of the position is dedicated to research, and 60% to teaching activities. The Tenure decision is based on U.S.E.’s Tenure Track criteria.