Ongeveer 11 uur geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Four PhD Positions in Global Sustainability Governance (1.0 FTE)
Utrecht University is looking for four PhD candidates in Global Sustainability Governance. Are you interested? Then please read the full profile and apply.
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 40 uur
- € 2266 - € 2897 per maand
Utrecht University has opened four new positions for PhD candidates in the field of Global Sustainability Governance/Earth System Governance.
The four PhD candidates will become part of the new, cutting-edge international research programme “Global Governance through Goals? Assessing and Explaining the Steering Effects of the UN Sustainable Development Goals” (GlobalGoals). This research programme is directed by Professor Frank Biermann and funded through an Advanced Grant from the European Research Council. The four PhD candidates will work on their doctoral dissertations over a period of four years within the broader framework and research design of the GlobalGoals programme.
We expect successful candidates to bring a strong interest and broad expertise in the field of Global Sustainability Governance/Earth System Governance, as evidenced by a BSc/BA and MSc/MA specialization that is related to this field of study. There is no special disciplinary requirement, we welcome applications from graduates who have majored in Political Science, International Relations, Public Administration, Environmental Science/Studies, Sociology or Sustainability Science.
With a view to the research design of the GlobalGoals project, we are especially looking for:
- at least one PhD candidate with a strong affinity to, and experience in, quantitative methods and approaches in Political Science/International Relations, especially in social network analysis;
- at least one PhD candidate with a strong affinity to, and experience in, discourse analysis, especially with a focus on International Relations;
- at least one PhD candidate with a strong affinity to, and experience in, the theory of International Relations and world politics;
- at least one PhD candidate with a strong affinity to, and experience in, the analysis of the political systems of non-European countries.
- a strong interest in the academic study of global sustainability;
- to have excellent communication skills;
- to be good team players;
- to have a strong affinity with working in an interdisciplinary and international research environment.
All four researchers are expected to obtain a doctoral degree from Utrecht University within four years, based on published articles in top-tier academic journals.
We offer a temporary position (1.0 FTE) for four years, with a one-year probation period. The gross salary - depending on previous qualifications and experience - ranges between €2,266 and €2,897 (scale P according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) gross per month for a full-time employment. Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8 % and a year-end bonus of 8.3 % per year. We offer a pension scheme, (partly paid) parental leave, collective insurance schemes and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). More information is available at: working at Utrecht University.
Facilities for sports, childcare and a subsidized international school are available on our main campus, the Utrecht Science Park, located only 15 minutes away from the historical city centre of Utrecht. PhD training programmes are provided by the Graduate School of the Faculty of Geosciences and, if required, other Graduate Schools at Utrecht University and beyond. The working language of the institute is English.