Ongeveer 20 uur geleden - Radboudumc - Nijmegen
Lecturer in Applied Economics and Education
Coordinate and teach courses at Bachelor's and Master's level!
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 40 uur
- € 3746 - € 5826 per maand
Utrecht University School of Economics (U.S.E.) has a vacancy for a departmental Lecturer with expertise in Applied Economics and Education. The departmental Lecturer spends 70% of the appointment to teaching, and 30% to projects related to educational research, innovation and experimentation.
The Lecturer partly takes a classical role as a Teacher and Course Coordinator (70%). You will coordinate and teach courses at Bachelor's and Master's level, covered by U.S.E.’s Applied Economics section. We are open to candidates who can teach courses in the domain of Economics of the Public Sector, as well as candidates who can teach quantitative courses in Statistics, Econometrics, and Applied Data Science. You will take care of qualitatively good teaching in accordance with the academic and departmental guidelines. Teaching is in English. Furthermore, the Lecturer supervises Bachelor's and Master's theses and other research projects by students.
The Lecturer spends 30% of his/her work hours on educational innovation. In collaboration with the Director of Studies and your Head of Section, you develop a plan to research and/or intervene on (parts of) our teaching portfolio. Possible activities include:
- researching the effectiveness of new teaching formats;
- developing case studies or teaching materials which are directly tested in practice;
- experimenting with small student group formats;
- bringing practitioners to the classroom in unprecedented ways, and much more.
The 30% is not free research time, however, it can be shaped so that academic publications are possible. You will also be closely collaborating with other departmental Lecturers at U.S.E.
The successful candidate is expected to have knowledge and skills in teaching Applied Economics or a related discipline, and shows affinity with educational innovation and research. More particularly you have:
- a PhD degree in economics, econometrics and related disciplines;
- relevant knowledge of teaching in public economics, applied data science, econometrics or statistical methods in economics;
- teaching experience in an international academic environment with the proven ability to inspire students from undergraduate to graduate level, apparent from positive assessments by students and peers;
- experience with researching or experimenting with new forms of teaching in the field of applied economics and education;
- strong communication and coordination skills;
- strong command of spoken and written English.
We offer a temporary position (1.0 FTE) for a period of four years. The gross salary - depending on previous qualifications and experience - ranges between €3,746 and €5,826 (scale 11-12 according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) per month for a full-time employment. Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.3% per year. In addition, Utrecht University offers excellent secondary conditions, including an attractive retirement scheme, (partly paid) parental leave and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). More information about working at Utrecht University can be found here.