1 dag geleden - Universitair Medisch Centrum Groningen - Groningen
Postdoc position EU Gender Equality Law (0.8 – 1.0 FTE)
Utrecht University's Faculty of Law, Economics and Governance is looking for a Postdoc in EU Gender Equality Law (0.8 – 1.0 FTE). Interested? Read more and apply here.
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 3637 - € 4978 per maand
The Utrecht University Faculty of Law, Economics and Governance seeks to fill a position for a Postdoctoral Researcher in the field of EU Gender Equality Law. The successful candidate will be part of the coordination team of the gender stream of the European network of legal experts in gender equality and non-discrimination. This network provides independent information and advice to the European Commission on equality and non-discrimination developments in 36 European countries (the EU Member States, EFTA countries and EU candidate countries). The primary task of the network is to gather reliable expert information on legislation, case law and national developments to enable the Commission to fulfil their role as guardian of the treaties.
The network consists of 36 national gender equality law experts, and 36 non-discrimination law experts. It is jointly managed by Human European Consultancy (general coordination), Migration Policy Group (coordination non-discrimination stream), and Utrecht University (coordination gender equality stream). At Utrecht University, it is coordinated by a tight-knit team consisting of Professor Linda Senden (specialist coordinator), Dr. Alexandra Timmer (content coordinator) and Franka van Hoof LL.M (content manager), as well as Dr. Susanne Burri and Professor Frans Pennings who are senior experts in the network. The Postdoc will join this team.
Every year the network publishes thematic reports on current topics of EU gender equality law. Recent reports concerned gender balanced company boards and gender equality and the collaborative economy. The network also produces the biannual European Equality Law Review, as well as general country reports providing a comprehensive overview of the implementation of EU gender equality law at the national level. For more information about the network and the full-texts of its reports, please visit the website.
This position provides an excellent opportunity for the Postdoc to expand their international network, to gain coordination skills, and to gain first-hand knowledge of current developments in EU Gender Equality Law. The Postdoc will also be embedded in the interdisciplinary IOS-Hub Gender and Diversity. As such, the Postdoc will collaborate with an enthusiastic team of researchers working on gender related issues from various faculties of Utrecht University.
- The Postdoc will keep an overview of all the activities and deliverables of the gender stream of the network in close collaboration with the acting specialist coordinator in gender equality. This involves communicating effectively with both the network’s coordination team and the 36 national gender equality experts, as well as the European Commission.
- The Postdoc will be involved in all steps of the development of the network’s reports, from outlining the topics of new reports, to drafting questionnaires, and providing feedback on draft reports.
- The Postdoc will also assist one day a week in the coordination and development of activities within the framework of the interdisciplinary IOS-Hub Gender and Diversity.
- The Postdoc will conduct research related to topics of Gender Equality Law, and publish the results.
- The Postdoc will participate in the organization of research activities and events, such as conferences, workshops and joint publications.
We are looking for a candidate who is/has:
- a completed dissertation in the field of EU, human rights, constitutional or labour law on a topic related to gender equality;
- affinity with multidisciplinary gender-related research is an asset;
- a team-player, with good communication skills;
- excellent command of English, both verbal and written English;
- command of Dutch and/or French is an asset;
- experience working in international or European research projects is an asset;
- experience applying for external research funding is an asset.
This is an appointment of 0.8 - 1.0 FTE for the duration of one year , with in principle an extension of 2 years depending on the continued availability of funds and performance of the candidate.
The minimum gross salary is €3,637 and the maximum gross salary is €4,978 (scale 11 of the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities) per month, at a full-time employment. Besides that, you will receive a holiday allowance of 8 % and a year-end bonus of 8.3 %. Utrecht University also has an appealing package of terms of employment, including the choice for a good balance between work and private (a good arrangement for leave, among other things), possibilities for development and an excellent pension scheme. More information on working at Utrecht University can be found here.