1 dag geleden - Rijksuniversiteit Groningen (RUG) - Groningen
Postdoc Sustainability Education, teaching and learning in a virtual classroom (1.0 FTE)
The Copernicus Institute is looking for a Postdoc to work on Sustainability Education
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 40 uur
- € 2709 - € 3255 per maand
We are looking for a postdoctoral fellow to participate in our project ‘Challenge Based Learning in a virtual interdisciplinary and international classroom’. This project takes place within the context of Sustainability Education. Sustainability is about the interaction between humans and the environment. Human population has rapidly increased, which led to current sustainability challenges like global change, water availability, food production, etc. To face these challenges, universities around the globe have developed sustainability programmes. Although these educational programmes provide excellent learning opportunities for a wide range of students around the world, they are hardly connected. Interaction with students in different parts of the world offers students a learning experience in a different cultural context and beyond national boundaries. Ultimately, this will help in collectively facing global challenges. In this project, we aim to connect students studying sustainability programmes using the virtual online classroom.
In this project, you will identify methods suitable for online collaborative projects and identify suitable sustainability programmes as partners. You participate in the development of (inter)national challenge based courses in a virtual environment, and you will evaluate its effectiveness. You will disseminate your findings by publications and workshops within and outside of Utrecht University.
We encourage applications from candidates who:
- hold a PhD in Educational Sciences or related sciences (Psychology, Pedagogy);
- have an interest in sustainability;
- have proven affinity with online education;
- are creative and productive in their scientific work, as for instance evidenced by publications in (international) peer-reviewed journals;
- have excellent organizational and communication skills;
- are team players;
- have affinity with working in an interdisciplinary academic environment;
- are able to demonstrate excellent English language proficiency. We require an English qualification at C1 level (comparable to level 3 of the Lecturer Assessment Grid) or you should be willing to obtain this level by training.
We offer a position (1.0 FTE) for a period of one year. In case of a good performance, extending the employment is one of the possibilities. The gross salary - depending on previous qualifications and experience - ranges between €2,709 and €3,255 (scale 10 according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) per month for a full-time employment. Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.3% per year. In addition, Utrecht University offers excellent secondary conditions, including the choice for a good balance between work and private (a good arrangement for leave, among other things), possibilities for development and an excellent pension scheme and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). More information about working at Utrecht University can be found here.