De faculteit Recht, Economie, Bestuur en Organisatie van de Universiteit Utrecht zoekt een Hoogleraar Staatsrecht. Bent u geïnteresseerd in deze baan? Lees dan…
Postdoctoral Researcher on identity and autonomy in adolescence (0.8 FTE)
Utrecht University's Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences is looking for a Postdoctoral Researcher. Are you interested? Then please read the full profile and apply.
- Heidelberglaan, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 30 - 32 uur
- € 3238 - € 4757 per maand
The Department of Education and Pedagogical Science, Division Youth and Family, has a vacancy for a Postdoctoral Researcher on the project Development of Adolescent Identity and Autonomy during Transitional Periods: Putting the Individual Back into Development (INTRANSTION). The INTRANSITION project has been funded by an ERC Consolidator Grant. You will be part of a larger project team, containing the principle investigator, three PhD candidates, two postdocs and a number of student assistants. You will potentially be involved in the supervision of the PhD students.
Adolescents need to develop their identity and autonomy whilst also remaining highly connected to parents and friends. Identity develops through interactions with parents and friends and is important for adolescents’ relational functioning and societal participation. This project examines how identity and autonomy are formed in daily interactions with parents and friends, during transitions from childhood to adolescence and from adolescence to emerging adulthood.
The INTRANSITION project aims to examine how development of identity and autonomy affect each other during adolescence. The project will examine intra-individual (or within-person, as opposed to inter-individual or between-person) processes of change in identity and autonomy. Three cohorts of adolescents will be followed for two years during important transitional periods: one cohort that transitions from elementary to secondary education and two cohorts that transition from secondary to tertiary education (in different school levels). Data will be collected on moment-to-moment behaviour during interactions with parents and friends, relational experiences across hours and days, and long-term development. The postdoc will specifically focus on the role of person-environment interactions in intra-individual development of identity and autonomy.
We are looking for a motivated candidate who has affinity with psychosocial development and relationships during adolescence. The successful candidate should meet the following requirements:
- a PhD in Pedagogics, Developmental Psychology, or a closely related field;
- expertise in and affinity with psychosocial development of adolescents;
- experience with advanced longitudinal data analysis;
- ability to initiate, develop and deliver high quality research;
- fluency in English and good writing skills, reflected in published articles in leading peer-reviewed international citation indexed journals in the field;
- ability or potential to generate external research funding;
- demonstrable teaching skills at the undergraduate and/or graduate level;
- has obtained the Basic Teaching Qualification (at Utrecht University or equal) or is willing to achieve this qualification in the near future;
- excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team.
We offer a temporary position (0.8 FTE) for 3,5 years. The gross salary - depending on previous qualifications and experience - ranges between €3,238 and €4,757 (scale 10/11 according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) gross per month for a full-time employment. Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8 % and a year-end bonus of 8.3 % per year. We offer a pension scheme, (partly paid) parental leave, collective insurance schemes and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). More information is available at: working at Utrecht University.