Assistant professor in European Law
The Amsterdam Law School has an opening for one assistant professor (UD2) position in European Law (0,8 to 1 fte) As assistant professor you will be part of …
- Spui, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 30 - 38 uur
- € 3637 - € 4978 per maand
The Amsterdam Law School has an opening for one assistant professor (UD2) position in European Law (0,8 to 1 fte)
As assistant professor you will be part of the lively and supportive intellectual environment of the Amsterdam Centre for European Law and Governance and its cooperation platform Law and Justice Across Borders.Tasks:
- Teach, coordinate and assist in developing courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level;
- supervise theses at undergraduate and postgraduate level;
- assist in developing experiential learning elements for European law courses within the context of the Amsterdam Law Practice;
- work as part of a team;
- carry out and publish research of the highest calibre;
- assist in supervising research at doctoral level;
- communicate effectively; and
- participate constructively in the administrative work at the Law School.
We expect you to:
- have a PhD in law;
- be specialized in the field of European law;
- have expertise in the area of EU economic law, including competition law;
- be proficient in Dutch and English;
- have excellent scientific writing, planning and communication skills;
- have experience in teaching, ideally both at graduate and undergraduate level;
- have a strong motivation both to teach and to do research;
- qualify for additional research time under the standard of the research priority area (criteria can be requested by email).
The appointment will be for the period of one year initially, with the possibility of an extension for a maximum of 2 more years depending on good performance. The starting date of the appointment is as soon as possible.
The gross full-time monthly salary will be in accordance with the salary scales for Assistant professors at Dutch universities, scale 11 (Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities) ranging from €3,637 to €4,978 gross per month (full-time equivalent). Secondary benefits at Dutch universities are attractive and include 8% holiday pay and an 8,3% end-of-year Bonus.
For more information please contact:
To apply please submit the following items (preferably in one file) in Word or PDF format electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org attn. selection committee:
- cover letter, explaining your motivation to apply for this position;
- CV with list of publications;
- contact details of 2 referees;
- proof of your PhD and other relevant degree(s);
- a writing sample of a recently written, single authored manuscript (e.g., a chapter of your PhD or the manuscript of an article) in English of no more than 50 pages.
Please mention vacancy number 18-732 in the subject line.
The interviews will be held on 14 January 2019.