Ongeveer 20 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
The Institute for Interdisciplinary Studies is looking for two Junior Lecturers/Docent 4 for the course 'Special Topic in Cognitive Science' of the research …
- Spui, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 9 uur
- € 2588 - € 4084 per maand
The Institute for Interdisciplinary Studies is looking for two Junior Lecturers/Docent 4 for the course 'Special Topic in Cognitive Science' of the research master Brain and Cognitive Sciences'.
Special Topic in Cognitive Science is a course in the first year of the master’s programme and consists of weekly sessions throughout both semesters, starting end of October. During the course, students are stimulated and challenged to address the field of cognition from an interdisciplinary perspective to enable and create an interdisciplinary attitude. The coordinating junior lecturer will help students to develop their academic, collaborative and problem-solving skills at a master's degree level, with a focus on critical, interdisciplinary thinking.
We use Special Topic in Cognitive Science as a vehicle to help students understand:
- the nature and importance of interdisciplinarity in the field of brain and cognitive sciences;
- what their personal set of knowledge and skills can offer the field, and what others have to offer them;
- the limits and opportunities offered by different disciplinary perspectives;
- how to collaborate with others who have different perspectives/backgrounds;
- how to integrate knowledge from different subfields within brain and cognitive sciences.
Ideally, you should fulfill the following criteria:
- Master’s degree in Cognitive Neuroscience, Cognitive Science or a related discipline;
- a background and interest in interdisciplinary education and thinking within this field;
- good didactic skills and (preferably) didactic experience;
- the ability to coach students through interdisciplinary group work and create dialogue;
- the ability to create a safe working environment for students;
- excellent organization and communication skills;
- fluent command of the English language;
- creative and proactive;
- the ability to work independently as well as in a team with different personalities.
The appointment will be on temporary basis for a period of 12 months, starting 1 August 2018. Upon adequate functioning, the appointment can be prolonged. The gross monthly salary is in accordance with the university regulations for academic personnel, and will range from €2,588 up to a maximum of €4,084 (scale 10) based on a full-time contract (38 hours per week) and will be determined based on prior experience. Furthermore there is an 8% holiday allowance and an 8,3% end-of-year bonus.. The Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities is applicable.
For international candidates, you need to be eligible to work in The Netherlands, we cannot sponsor candidates for this position.
For more information about the position you may contact:
You may submit your application, including a resume and a letter of motivation, no later than 24 June (23:59 h) 2018 using this link. Please quote vacancy number 18-326 in the subject line.
Without a vacancy number we cannot process the application!
The interviews will be held the first week of July 2018.