Postdoctoral Fellowship Dutch Institute for Emergent Phenomena
The Dutch Institute for Emergent Phenomena (DIEP) has one open position for a two-year postdoc fellowship. DIEP@UvA seeks a senior postdoc whose …
- Science Park, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 2836 - € 4474 per maand
The Dutch Institute for Emergent Phenomena (DIEP) has one open position for a two-year postdoc fellowship.
DIEP@UvA seeks a senior postdoc whose research is at the interface between chemistry pursed at the Van 't Hoff Institute for Molecular Sciences (HIMS) and research pursued at least in one of the other institutes: the Korteweg-de Vries Institute for Mathematics (KdVI), the Institute of Physics (IoP), the Institute for Logic, Language and Computation (ILLC), the Informatics Institute (IvI), and the Institute for Advanced Study (IAS).
You will join an exciting team of scientists that conducts exciting interdisciplinary research within emergence in areas such as non-equilibrium systems, stochastic systems, causality & causal inference, collective intelligence & social behaviour, network theory, multi-scale modelling, quantum information, multi-agent systems, phases of matter, and spacetime.
We expect you to be able to work with a high degree of independence and serve as a driving force for your research subject. We also expect you to participate and help with the centre’s activities and contribute to the creation of an exciting research environment.
The position is open to suitable candidates with a PhD in mathematics, physics, chemistry, computer science, or logic. The candidates should have (some) experience as an independent researcher, and excellent organisational, communication and cooperation skills.
What are you going to do
The research fellow will be integrated within the research interests of at least two of the following institutes: IoP (physics), HIMS (chemistry), IILC (logic), KdV (mathematics) and Ivl (computer science).
You are expected to:
- perform high level research (analytical theory, numerical modeling or logical-semantical foundations, experiment, formal proofs etc.) related to the above topics or a closely related field;
- work together with several other researchers within DIEP from different background (mathematics, physics, chemistry, computer science, logic);
- act as central beacon on the research topic within DIEP;
- assist in organising workshops related to the DIEP topics.
What do we require of you
Your experience and profile consist of:
- a PhD degree in mathematics, physics, chemistry, computer science, or logic;
- experience as an independent researcher;
- excellent organisational, communicational (in oral and written English) and cooperational skills.
A temporary contract for 38 hours per week, preferably starting as soon as possible, for the duration of two years.
The salary, depending on relevant experience before the beginning of the employment contract, will be €2,836 to €4,474 (scale 10) gross per month, based on full-time employment (38 hours a week). These amounts are exclusive 8% holiday allowance and 8,3% end-of-year bonus. A favourable tax agreement, the ‘30% ruling’, may apply to non-Dutch applicants. The Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities is applicable.
The UvA offers excellent possibilities for further professional development and education.
Are you curious about our extensive package of secondary employment benefits like our excellent opportunities for study and development? Then find out more about working at the Faculty of Science.
Do you have any questions, or do you require additional information? Please contact: