Postdoctoral researcher in AI and scientific manager of the Amsterdam ELLIS unit
Are you interested in a combination of conducting excellent research in AI (on a topic of your preference) and help with the management of the Amsterdam ELLIS …
- Science Park, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 2709 - € 4274 per maand
Are you interested in a combination of conducting excellent research in AI (on a topic of your preference) and help with the management of the Amsterdam ELLIS unit? Do you enjoy building a scientific organization? We are seeking a postdoctoral scholar who is interested excellent research in AI and collaborate with people to build a top tier research unit. To increase diversity in the department, we especially encourage female candidates or candidates from other minority groups to apply.
What are you going to do?
You are expected to:
- be active in the fundamental and/or applied research in a topic of AI of your preference, publishing in top-tier conference proceedings or journals, presenting at leading conferences and supervising PhD students;
- take part in the teaching effort of the group, including supervision of bachelor and master students;
- help set up the ELLIS unit in Amsterdam, including participating in ELLIS meetings and organizing ELLIS scientific and educational events;
- be open to collaborations with other institutes and/or companies, in particular other European ELLIS units.
What do we require?
- A PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics or a closely related field;
- a strong scientific expertise in AI, reflected among others by publications in respectable international journals and conference proceedings;
- enthusiasm about helping to run a scientific organization, including traveling and meeting for others involved;
- the willingness to contribute to valorisation efforts and to foster collaborations with other academic institutes and industry, in particular with other ELLIS units in Europe;
- the willingness to work with BSc, MSc and PhD students to supervise them in their research;
- fluency in English, both written and spoken.
We will base our selection on your scientific track record and on your vision for future research, as well as on your organizational and communicational skills. Excellent mastery of the English language is required.
A temporary contract for 38 hours per week, preferably starting as soon as possible for the duration of 12 months with a possible extension of 24 months after a positive evaluation.
The salary, depending on relevant experience before the beginning of the employment contract, will be €2,709 to €4,274 (scale 10) gross per month, based on a full-time contract (38 hours a week). These amounts are exclusive 8 % holiday allowance and 8,3 % end-of-year bonus. A favourable tax agreement, the ‘30% ruling’, may apply to non-Dutch applicants. The Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities is applicable.
Are you curious about our extensive package of secondary employment benefits like our excellent opportunities for study and development? Then find out more about working at the Faculty of Science.
Do you have questions about this vacancy? Or do you want to know more about our organisation? Please contact: