1 dag geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Postdoctoral researcher in Computational Social Choice
Have you recently completed (or are you about to complete) your PhD in AI, doing formal work in an area such as Multiagent Systems or Knowledge …
- Science Park, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 2709 - € 4274 per maand
Have you recently completed (or are you about to complete) your PhD in AI, doing formal work in an area such as Multiagent Systems or Knowledge Representation? Are you excited about recent developments at the interface of AI with Economics taking place in the Computational Social Choice and Algorithmic Game Theory research communities? Can you see yourself working in an interdisciplinary environment, in a team with smart and friendly colleagues?
The research agenda of our group is dedicated to the design and analysis of methods for collective decision making. The research we do is both mathematical and conceptual in nature. We regularly publish in the leading conference proceedings and journals in AI, but also emphasise interdisciplinarity and often reach out to other fields, notably Economics, Political Science, and Philosophy. Relevant keywords include decision theory, game theory, social choice theory, AI, multiagent systems, and knowledge representation.
What are you going to do?
You will be expected to contribute to the broad research agenda of the COMSOC Group. Specific tasks include:
- to regularly present research results at international workshops and conferences, and to publish them in conference proceedings and journals;
- to collaborate with other members of the COMSOC Group;
- to contribute to the supervision of PhD candidates in the group;
- to participate in and to contribute to the organisation of research activities and events at the Institute, such as workshops and colloquia;
- to contribute to the dissemination of research results to non-specialist audiences and the organisation of outreach events.
While this is primarily a research position, as a postdoctoral researcher at the ILLC you will be expected to also make a modest contribution to the institute’s educational mission, e.g., by supervising MSc or BSc theses or by giving guest lectures in courses related to your own area of research.
You should have completed, or expect to complete before the start of your appointment, a PhD in a relevant area of research, such as Computational Social Choice, Algorithmic Game Theory, Multiagent Systems, or Knowledge Representation. Exceptionally strong candidates with a somewhat different research profile who indicate a clear interest in moving into the field of Computational Social Choice will also be considered. You also should possess:
- a strong publication record (relative to your career stage);
- excellent writing and presentation skills;
- good social and organisational skills;
- willingness to reach out to audiences beyond academia;
- full professional proficiency in spoken and written English.
Please note that knowledge of the Dutch language is not required for this position, nor is it required for being able to live in Amsterdam. However, members of staff at the ILLC have the opportunity to attend Dutch language classes if they wish.
An employment contract for 38 hours a week for 1 year. An extension for 1 year subsequently follows if we assess your performance positive. The starting date is negotiable (but must be in 2020).
The salary, depending on relevant experience before the beginning of the employment contract, will be €2,709 to €4,274 (scale 10) gross per month, based on fulltime (38 hours a week), exclusive 8 % holiday allowance and 8.3 8 % end-of-year bonus. A favorable tax agreement, the ‘30% ruling’, may apply to non-Dutch applicants. The Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities is applicable.
Are you curious about our extensive package of secondary employment benefits? Then find out more about working at the Faculty of Science.
Do you have any questions you would like to ask before you apply? You are welcome to get in touch with:
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature