1 dag geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Postdoctoral researcher Online education
Do you want to contribute to knowledge and insight in the field of online and blended education? Do you want to be part of an inspiring research environment …
- Nieuwe Achtergracht, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3746 - € 3886 per maand
Do you want to contribute to knowledge and insight in the field of online and blended education? Do you want to be part of an inspiring research environment in a leading research institute?
The Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences is looking for a candidate for the position of Postdoctoral researcher online education.
At the request of the Executive Board of the University of Amsterdam, a project team consisting of a postdoctoral researcher, two junior researchers and two professors will conduct research into the experiences of UvA lecturers and students with online education during the period of corona measures. Which digital pedagogies did teachers from various domains and disciplines develop during this period? How did students experience online education? We closely collaborate with the Teaching Learning Centre. In this way, we aim to contribute to the further development and improvement of digital forms of UvA education.
What will you be doing?
- Coordinating the project;
- carrying out the research work in collaboration with the other researchers;
- literature study;
- designing questionnaire and interview guides;
- collecting and analyzing data (questionnaire and interviews);
- reporting in policy-oriented interim reports and scientific publications.
What do we require of you?
- a completed dissertation in educational sciences, psychology or sociology;
- knowledge of the research area of the project or one of the sub-areas (eg didactics of higher education, educational technology);
- excellent research skills demonstrated by publications in international journals;
- experience with both qualitative and quantitative empirical research;
- affinity with practical and policy-oriented research;
- excellent oral and written skills;
- good communicative, social and organizational qualities.
The position concerns a temporary employment contract of 38 hours per week for a term of one year.
Salary depends on past education and relevant work experience, with a minimum salary of €3,746 and a maximum salary of €3,886 gross per month based on a full-time employment contract of 38 hours per week, as per the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities. We additionally offer an extensive package of secondary employee benefits, including a generous holiday scheme and year-end bonus. Because we value your continued personal development and professionalisation, we also offer excellent opportunities for study and development.
What else can we offer you?
An exciting work environment with a variety of duties and ample scope for individual initiative and development within an inspiring organisation. The social and behavioural sciences play a leading role in addressing the major societal challenges faced by the world, the Netherlands and Amsterdam, now and in the future.
To work at the University of Amsterdam is to work in a discerning, independent, creative, innovative and international climate characterised by an open atmosphere and a genuine engagement with the city of Amsterdam and society.
Do you have any questions or do you require additional information? Please contact:
- Ms. prof. Monique Volman, chair Department of Child Development and Education
Would you like to learn more about working at the University of Amsterdam? Visit our website.