1 dag geleden - Universitair Medisch Centrum Groningen - Groningen
Pre PhD fellow CREATE – Theatre History
The Amsterdam Centre for Cultural Heritage and Identity and the Department of Media Studies of the Faculty of Humanities are looking for a pre PhD fellow in …
- Spui, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 19 uur
- € 2709 - € 2709 per maand
The Amsterdam Centre for Cultural Heritage and Identity and the Department of Media Studies of the Faculty of Humanities are looking for a pre PhD fellow in the area of Theatre History as part of Creative Amsterdam: An E-Humanities Perspective (CREATE), supervised by prof. Julia Noordegraaf.
You will develop the pilot project Tipping Point 1800. The repertoire of the Amsterdam City Theatre in transition from monopoly to free market. This pre PhD project aims to add to a better understanding of the changing position of the Schouwburg between 1774 and 1820, by studying changes in repertoire in relation to the organisational structure of the theatre, urban government and policy, and the broader local theatrical landscape. You will develop a novel analysis of this critical juncture in the theatre’s history, using digital tools and the online Amsterdam theatre database. You will also help to further develop the dataset by enriching the ONSTAGE database, where relevant to the research project.
The Pre PhD is embedded in the research program European Performing Arts Dataverse (EPAD), one of CREATE’s main themes. EPAD aims to develop an international framework and data model that would allow for harmonisation of various European datasets on performing arts, in order to facilitate research on transnational and cross-sectoral connections and comparisons.
The project is developed and will be supervised by dr Frans Blom (Dutch Language and Literature) and dr Rob van der Zalm (Theatre Studies), in collaboration with programmers and historical database experts.
If you are the Pre PhD fellow we are looking for, you have:
- a research oriented master's degree (MSc or MA) completed before 31 August 2018;
- a strong background or demonstrable interest in theatre history, and the cultural and commercial circuits in which theatrical productions were produced, consumed, and disseminated;
- proven interest and preferably skills in digital methods and techniques with regard to humanities research;
- excellent understanding of the Dutch language;
- research experience, or a track record of project based work, and the ability to function in a multidisciplinary team.
This is a temporary appointment for 10 months (1 September 2018 until 30 June 2018) at the Department of Media Studies of the Faculty of Humanities. The gross monthly salary (on a full-time basis) will be €2,709. The Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities is applicable.
For any additional information, you may contact:
- Prof. Julia Noordegraaf, CREATE program leader
Your application should include:
1. an up-to-date CV;
2. other requested documents in one PDF file (not zipped), consisting of:
- a statement of ideas for the proposed research project (up to 500 words);
- a letter of motivation;
- up to three letters of recommendations;
- a copy of your diploma.
You may send your application no later than 21 May 2018 using this link.