Research scientist on causal discovery for gene regulatory network reconstruction
We are seeking an experienced research scientist with strong programming skills and hands-on experience in causal discovery methods who will further develop …
- Science Park, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 2835 - € 3895 per maand
We are seeking an experienced research scientist with strong programming skills and hands-on experience in causal discovery methods who will further develop and evaluate causal discovery methods for gene regulatory network reconstruction. You will take part in ongoing research in the ERC Starting Grant project CAFES (Causal Analysis of Feedback Systems).
What are you going to do?
You are expected to:
- assist in the further development and empirical evaluation of causal discovery methods for gene regulatory network reconstruction;
- assist in the preparation of scientific publications about the conducted research;
- assist with the supervision of bachelor and master students.
- possess a MSc degree in statistics, physics, computer science or mathematics;
- have hands-on experience with causal discovery methods;
- enjoy analyzing large-scale gene expression data;
- have strong programming skills;
- show commitment, perseverance and a cooperative attitude;
- are highly motivated and creative, and enjoy working in a multidisciplinary research environment;
- fluent in English, both written and spoken.
A temporary contract for 38 hours per week, preferably starting at 1 December 2020 for the duration of (at most) 9 months to 31 August 2020, the final end date of the project. The job profile Research Officer is applicable.
The salary, depending on relevant experience before the beginning of the employment contract, will be €2,835 to €3,895 (scale 9) gross per month, based on full-time (38 hours a week), exclusive 8 % holiday allowance and 8.3 % end-of-year bonus. A favorable tax agreement, the ‘30% ruling’, may apply to non-Dutch applicants. The Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities is applicable.
Are you curious about our extensive package of secondary employment benefits? Then find out more about working at the Faculty of Science.
Do you have questions about this vacancy? Or would you like to know more about our organisation? Please contact:
T: + 31 (0)20 525 8426