1 dag geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Three PhD candidates in International Criminal Law
The Amsterdam Law School is seeking three PhD candidates for the following projects: Project 1 Secondary Liability in Civil Law, Torts Law Project 2 Secondary …
- Spui, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
- € 2222 - € 2840 per maand
The Amsterdam Law School is seeking three PhD candidates for the following projects:
Project 1 Secondary Liability in Civil Law, Torts Law
Project 2 Secondary Liability in Criminal Law
Project 3 Secondary State Liability
For a full project description please check our website.
The positions are first and foremost a research position; yet the candidates may have the opportunity, or may be asked, to contribute to teaching activities to a limited extent in the second and possibly third year of PhD research
The selected candidates will:
- carry out independent high-quality scientific research leading to the degree of PhD;
- actively contribute to the VICI-project as a whole, including cooperation with the principal investigator and other researchers in the VICI-team;
- actively contribute to the research community in the Law School, in particular at ACIL;
- present intermediate research results at international workshops and conferences;
- participate in the organization of research activities and events, such as conferences, workshops and joint publications;
- show the relevance of her/his research for society and contribute to the dissemination of research results;
- possibly contribute to teaching.
The successful candidates will be offered an initial contract for 15 months. Upon positive evaluation of the PhD students’ performance the contract will be extended by 33 months.
The gross monthly salary will be in accordance with the salary scales for PhD candidates at Dutch universities, scale P (Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities) ranging from €2,222 to €2,840 gross per month (full-time equivalent). Secondary benefits at Dutch universities are attractive and include 8% holiday pay and an 8.3% end-of-year Bonus.
For further questions on the (VICI/PhD) project, please contact:
For questions on the application procedure and employment conditions at the University of Amsterdam, please contact:
T: +31 (0)20 525 2834
You may send your application, preferably in one PDF file, by email to:
Please mention vacancy number 18-144 and the specific Phd project you are applying for (project 1, 2 or 3).
Applications must contain the following information:
- cover letter (including mention of the project(s) for which the candidate applies);
- contact details of 2 referees (no reference required);
- writing sample (for example, LLM thesis);
- proof of your master’s degree; if you have not completed your degree at the time of application, please provide a statement from your supervisor or University confirming the expected date of completion.
Short-listed candidates may furthermore be requested to provide their reflections on the research topic.
The envisaged starting date is 1 September 2018.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 1 May 2018.