Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Assistant/Associate professor of Boards and Executive Leadership Development (Tenure Track)
Are you a business scholar with an interest in boards and executive leadership development? Then Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam would like to get to know you. Apply for the position of:
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- € 3637 - € 6133 per maand
As part of our growth ambitions, we seek a new colleague on the level of Assistant / Associate Professor who is passionate about doing research on boards and executive leadership development with a qualitative research background, and can publish at the highest level. An interest in the impact of new technological developments (e.g., digitization) or societal developments (e.g., sustainability) on the work of boards is a plus. The new hire will play a key role in strengthening our HRM/OB section and expanding its research and teaching programs. Furthermore, candidates for the position should be enthusiastic about creating a motivating learning environment especially for students in the Master specialization Leadership and Change Management, participants of the Post-Graduate, MBA and Executive MBA programmes. Additionally, the selected candidate will help to develop the VU Centre for Boards and Executive Leadership Development. The position is embedded in a supportive international work environment that is characterized by a strong commitment towards research productivity, teaching innovation and teamwork.
- initiate and perform high-quality research in the fields supervisory boards, executive commotees and leadership, culminating in top tier publications and grant acquisitions
- Teach and design courses at the bachelor level (e.g., the SBE International Business Administration), master level (e.g., MSc Business Administration, specialization Leadership and Change Management, and/or MBA and Executive MBA), and postgraduate level (e.g., full-time/part-time PhD programmes); supervise bachelor and master theses
- Contribute to the management of the Department / School committees
Succesful candidates hold a PhD degree in Business Administration/Management, or a related field in the social sciences (completed or with a fixed date for the defense) and should be fluent in English. Assistant Professor candidates have significant teaching experience with good evaluations; are committed to obtaining a university teaching qualification and demonstrate a strong research potential. Prior publication experience in top journals in the field of management and organization studies is a strong asset. Candidates for the Associate professor position hold a strong track record of publishing in high quality academic journals and should possess an excellent record of teaching performance, and involvement in (developing) BA/MA and executive education, as well as supervision of PhD students. Evidence of successful research valorization is an asset.
ConditionsA challenging position in a socially involved organization. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €3,637 and a maximum €4,978 (scale 11) for the Assistant Professor or a minimum gross monthly salary of €5,039 and a maximum of €6,133 (scale 13) for the Associate Professor, depending on your education and experience. The job profile is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for at least 1 FTE.
The initial employment contract will affect a period of 6 years, with the possibility of extension.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- contribution to commuting expenses
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter until 10 December 2019.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Prof. dr. Svetlana Khapova
Position: Professor of Careers and Organisation Studies
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature