Assistant Professor Of Strategy & Innovation (Tenure Track)
Are you a business scholar with an interest in Strategy & Innovation? Then Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam would like to get to know you. Apply for the position of: Assistant Professor of Strategy & Innovation (Tenure Track).
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- € 3746 - € 5127 per maand
As part of our growth ambitions, we seek a new colleague who is passionate about doing research at the highest level and deliver high-quality education on strategy and innovation. Demonstrated expertise in quantitative methods and panel data has a preference. Furthermore, an interest in broader topics such as the influence of digitalisation like AI on innovation, business model innovation and/or broader topics within Organization and Management Theory (e.g., paradox, logics, change, biases) are a plus.
The new hire will play a key role in strengthening our Strategy & Organization section and expanding its research and teaching programs. Furthermore, candidates for the position should be enthusiastic about creating a motivating learning environment especially for students in the Master specialization Strategy & Organization. Candidates also have an interest to participate in executive education, specifically in MBA programmes and inhouse company education. The position is embedded in a supportive international work environment that is characterized by a strong commitment towards research quality and productivity, teaching innovation, teamwork and executive education.
- Initiate and perform high-quality research in the field of innovation, culminating in top tier publications and grant acquisitions
- Teach and design courses at the bachelor level (e.g., the SBE International Business Administration), master level (e.g., MSc Business Administration, specialization Strategy & Organization), and postgraduate level (e.g., full-time/part-time PhD programmes; executive education); supervise bachelor and master theses
- Contribute to the management of the Department / School committees
- Be committed to obtaining a university teaching qualification
Candidates are required to have a PhD in Business Administration/Management, or a related field in the social sciences (completed or with a fixed date for the defense) and should be fluent in English. Prior publication experience in top journals in the field of management and organization studies is a strong asset. Candidates without a completed PhD but who already have a proven research record are also encouraged to apply. So are current assistant professors with a few years of experience. They might complete the tenure track early.
ConditionsA challenging position in a socially involved organization. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €3,746 (scale 11) and a maximum €5,127 (scale 11), depending on your education and experience. The job profile (Universitair docent 2) is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for at least 1 FTE.
The initial employment contract will affect a period of 6 years, with the possibility of extension. The position involves research (40%) and teaching (60%). Candidates should be willing to acquire a basic qualification in teaching as demanded by Dutch universities (if they do not already have one). The position of Assistant Professor is a tenure track position with initial appointment for 2+4 years and possibility of tenure.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- contribution to commuting expenses
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Send us an email with your curriculum vitae including your publications, a personal vision statement (+/- 1 page) about research and teaching, and cover letter by January 23, 2021. Vacancy questions
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Prof.dr.ir. Victor A. Gilsing
Position: Professor of Strategic Entrepreneurship & Innovation
Telephone: +31 20 598 6050
If you have any questions regarding moving to Amsterdam, and working at VU Amsterdam, you may contact:
Name: Wytske Siegersma
Position: Relocation Advisor
Telephone: +31 20 598 5037