Het departement is voor de periode 1 november 2017 - 31 oktober 2021 op zoek naar een Promovendus. Cognitieve en Linguïstische Aspecten van Sociale-mediagebru…
Assistant Professor Organization Sciences
• Responsibilities associated with the position include being part of the department's scholarly community, mentoring students (including bachelor, masters and doctoral students), and conducting high quality research. We seek candidates with an active research program ...
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 uur
- € 3475 - € 4757 per maand
• Responsibilities associated with the position include being part of the department's scholarly community, mentoring students (including bachelor, masters and doctoral students), and conducting high quality research. We seek candidates with an active research program, that fits in the above-described research themes, and with publications in top tier journals.
• Teaching (English or Dutch, at bachelor and master levels) is primarily in the areas of organization theory, organizational behavior, and methodology, including seminars and thematic courses.
We are looking for candidates holding a Ph.D. (or who are about to complete their dissertation, but have a proven research record) and study organization theory and /or organizational behaviour from social science and/ or management perspectives.
Candidates should have a basic qualification in teaching for Dutch universities (BKO) or be willing to acquire this qualification after appointment.
The salary will be in accordance with university regulations for academic personnel, and depending on experience, range from a minimum of € 3,475 euros gross per month up to a maximum of € 4,757 euros gross per month (salary scale 11) based on a fulltime employment.
The appointment will be initially for four years. After satisfactory evaluation of the initial appointment, it can be a permanent position.
You can find information about our excellent fringe benefits of employment at www.workingatvu.nl like:
• remuneration of 8,3% end-of-year bonus and 8% holiday allowance
• a minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment;
• possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave;
For additional information please contact: Prof Dr P. Groenewegen (Network and Institutions group) email@example.com; Prof Dr I. Drori, (Change and Identity group). firstname.lastname@example.org, phone number +31 20 598 6309
Applicants are requested to send a letter of motivation, curriculum vitae, educational data, 3 letters of reference and a motivation letter the following material: Vitae, samples of scholarly work, 3 letters of reference to: Ms. Elles Bandringa, Dept. Secretary at the VU before the closing date of 1 October 2017.
Please mention the vacancy number in the e-mail header or at the top of your letter.
Any other correspondence in response to this advertisement will not be dealt with.
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU) is a leading, innovative and growing university that is at the heart of society and actively contributes to new developments in teaching and research. Our university has ten faculties, and provides work for over 4,500 staff and scientific education for more than 23,000 students.
The Faculty of Social Sciences (FSS) is one of the larger faculties of the Vrije Universiteit. Over 2.500 students and more than 250 employees are engaged in teaching and research on social-science issues. The faculty has 5 bachelor- and 7 master programs. The faculty offers bachelor and master programs in sociology, anthropology, political science, public administration, communication science and organization science. The main focus of research is societal resilience (see www.fsw.vu.nl/en/research/institute-for-societal-resilience/).
The Department of Organization Sciences invites applications from qualified individuals for an assistant professorship position.
Research in the Department of Organization Sciences is organized in the OPOS― Organizations and Processes of Organizing in Society—Research Program. OPOS' mission is to advance understanding of processes of organizing by examining these processes through the lens of organizations as interdependent systems. Interdependence plays an important role for internal organizational processes (cooperation and conflict at the micro-level, between coworkers, and at the meso-level, between teams and departments), but also for external organizational processes (i.e. the macro-level: the way in which organizations cooperate and compete within their environment). Researchers in the department study topics related to interdependence within three research groups: Cooperation and Conflict between Individuals and within Teams (prof. Dr. B. Beersma); Networks and Institutions (Prof. Dr. P. Groenewegen), and Change and Identity (Prof. Dr. I. Drori).
We are looking for an assistant professor to strengthen our research group on Networks and Institutions. The group aims to combine qualitative and quantitative analytic methods for social research. For this position we have a preference for candidates who work with quantitative research tools.
We are seeking for a candidate with a strong research agenda that demonstrates the ability to connect the research themes in the Network and Institution group with those of the two other groups in the department (Cooperation and Conflict between Individuals and within Teams, and Change and Identity).
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature