Ongeveer 21 uur geleden - Rijksuniversiteit Groningen (RUG) - Groningen
Assistant Professors / Postdocs in Econometrics and Data Science
Are you driven by high-quality research and teaching in Econometrics and Data Science? Then the department of Econometrics and Data Science at the School of Business and Economics of Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam invites your application
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 2790 - € 5127 per maand
We seek colleagues who contribute to building and extending the department’s reputation for excellence in research and teaching. Our research aims at having quality and impact. We publish in top international academic journals in our field. Our teaching focuses on econometrics, statistics and data science courses and student supervision. For Assistant Professorships, we offer a well-structured tenure track.
- doing innovative research and publish this research in the international top journals of your field
- creating a stimulating learning environment for students in econometrics and data science at all levels (BSc, MSc, PhD, Executive), and continue to collaborate with us to improve teaching quality
- being active in acquiring additional research funds, both individually and as a team effort
- a PhD degree, specializing in econometrics, statistics, data science, or a related field
- you have good experiences with teaching econometrics and data science courses, as evidenced by excellent evaluations
- strong research potential, preferably evidenced by publications
- you have a key interest in the development of theory and methodology in econometrics and data science
- fluency in English
ConditionsA challenging position in a societally committed organization. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €2,790 (scale 10)
and a maximum €5,127 (scale 11), depending on your education and experience. The job profile: is based on the university job ranking system. The positions are full-time, but part-time can also be discussed.
The initial employment contract for an Assistant Professor will be for a period of 6 years, with the possibility of tenure. The tenure track position involves research (40%) and teaching (60%). At the end of the second year a mid-term performance evaluation will take place by the Tenure Track Committee (TTC). In the fifth year, the TTC will review your file in order to decide upon the tenured assignment, based on the assessment criteria of the Tenure Track system at SBE.
The Postdoc positions are for an initial period of 2 years, and can be extended by another 2 years and may in some cases also lead to tenure.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- contribution to commuting allowance based on public transport
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
Additional informationWe recruit on a continuing basis and also aim to be present at a number of key job market events, if only virtually given the covid19 restrictions.
Applicants need to provide (via the application button below) their
- application letter
- curriculum vitae
- teaching evaluations (if available)
- a minimum of 2 reference letters should be sent separately to email@example.com
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Andre Lucas
Position: Professor of Financial Econometrics and Head of Department
Name: Siem Jan Koopman
Position: Professor of Econometrics
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature