3 dagen geleden - Universiteit Maastricht - Geleen
Lecturer Global Health (With Phd Degree)
Are you an experienced lecturer in Global Health? Can you, with our knowledge and experience, contribute to our education? Then we at the Athena Institute, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam would like to get to know you. Apply for the position of:
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 2790 - € 4402 per maand
We offer the position of lecturer Global Health. The position involves teaching in, and coordination of courses in bachelor and master programs in the field of international public health, research methods (e.g. participatory research, action research, mixed methods).
Teaching tasks are embedded in the wide variety of courses offered by the Athena Institute and include course coordination, lecturing and workgroup coaching as well as supervising Bachelor and Master students during their internships and literature reviews on diverse topics pertaining to the wider educational programme of the Athena Institute. Your position will include a limited amount of time (max. 20%) for conducting teaching-related research.
- You have a PhD degree, preferably in the field of global health, public health, medical anthropology, development studies or other discipline(s). Ideally your PhD shows an integrated social sciences and natural sciences background
- preferably have experience or otherwise affinity with participatory research methodologies, reflexive monitoring in action, mixed methods
- have excellent teaching and organisational skills and you are an engaged and inspiring lecturer, as proven by student evaluations
- are well capable of supervising a theoretical thesis, research projects and student internships
- write and speak Dutch and English fluently (both Dutch ánd English are mandatory)
- have a basic qualification in teaching for Dutch universities (BKO)
- are a team player
ConditionsA challenging position in a socially involved organization. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €2,790 (scale 10)
and a maximum €4,402 (scale 10), depending on your education and experience. The job profile: is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for at least 0.8 FTE.
The initial employment contract will affect a period of 1 year, with the possibility of extension upon assessment of adequate functioning.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- possibility to save holiday hours, for sabbatical leave
- child daycare facilities available on campus
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter until 30/10/2021.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Arnout Bunders
Position: Program coordinator (interim) Research Master Global Health
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature