Ongeveer 15 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
PHD POSITION 'INNOVATIVE GOVERNANCE SYSTEMS FOR FUTURE HERITAGE PLANNING'
Would you like to be trained to become part of a new generation of cultural heritage managers and to work, with a prestigious European fellowship, in an …
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 uur
- € 2325 - € 2835 per maand
Would you like to be trained to become part of a new generation of cultural heritage managers and to work, with a prestigious European fellowship, in an international and multidisciplinary team of researchers, professionals and entrepeneurs in the field of cultural heritage? Please apply at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
Answering the call for democratization voiced by Critical Heritage scholars, heritage practitioners search for new ways to include communities in heritage practices. The general idea of this “community approach” is that heritage becomes more inclusive, and that it comes to resemble the pluriformity of society’s social and cultural values.
Based on theories on “citizen participation” and “participatory governance” formulated in Public Administration science, your aim will be to design innovative governance systems for heritage planning aimed at a higher level of community participation, thus making heritage planning more democratic and inclusive in nature.
You will develop a cross-European, comparative study on innovative governance systems for heritage planning, you will write policy documents on the planned design of participative governance of heritage planning and on the key criteria for successful community involvement in heritage planning praxis, and analyze two case studies at heritage agencies in Italy and North England during research stays.
- carry out research and training as scheduled in a Personal Career Development Plan
- complete secondments in Italy and North England
- actively contribute to the activities of the HERILAND training network, including network-wide workshops, surveys and Living Labs, the HERILAND Handbook for Heritage Planning, project reports, a traveling exhibition and a final conference
- deliver oral and poster presentations at academic conferences
- write at least 2 peer reviewed papers together with your supervisors Prof. Dr. G.J. Burgers, Dr. F.P. Wagenaar and Drs. J. Rodenberg (Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam) and write a PhD dissertation
- an (R)MA/MSc or MPhil degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. Heritage Studies, History, Public Administration, Political Science, Sociology)
- excellent research skills; research experience in a relevant field by means of scientific publications will be favoured (e.g. conference papers, journal articles, book chapters)
- excellent written and spoken English
- strong cooperative attitude, strong organizational skills, willingness to engage in international, interdisciplinary collaborative research and a willingness to travel for research, workshops, conferences and secondments
- following the EU Marie Curie eligibility criteria, the researcher to be appointed must not have resided or carried out his/her main activity (work, studies, etc) in the Netherlands for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to his/her recruitment. Moreover, he/she shall at the date of recruitment be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of the research career and have not been awarded a doctoral degre
A challenging position in a socially involved organization. The salary will be in accordance with university regulations for academic personnel and amounts €2,325 (PhD) per month during the first year and increases to €2,835 (PhD) per month during the tirth year, based on a full-time employment. The job profile: is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for at least 1 FTE.
The appointment will initially be for 1 year. After a satisfactory evaluation of the initial appointment, the contract will be extended for a duration of 2 years.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- contribution to commuting allowance based on public transport
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Dr. F.P. Wagenaar
Position: Assistant professor
If you have any questions regarding moving to Amsterdam and working at VU Amsterdam, you may contact:
Name: Sandra Hasanefendic
Position: Consultant on International PhD Recruitment
Telephone: +31 20 5987170