Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
PhD-student in neurogenomics/neuroinformatics
As a PhD student your main tasks and responsibilities are: Localization analyses and functional studies of synaptic proteins using living neurons and brain …
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- € 2325 - € 2972 per maand
As a PhD student your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Localization analyses and functional studies of synaptic proteins using living neurons and brain tissue
- Integration of synapse data from the SynGO consortium
- Development of new analysis and presentation tools and in silico analyses of synaptic genes
- Add content to SynGO knowledgebase and guide researchers in the field to do so
- Publish analyses in the best peer-reviewed journals and provide progress reports to funding sources
We are looking for a student with the following qualifications
- A master degree in biomedical sciences with neuroscience specialisation
- Hands-on experience with cellular neuroscience, especially synapse biology is an advantage
- Hands-on experience with bioinformatics (preferably R). web design experience is an advantage
- Excellent organising skills (communication with SynGO consortium)
- A strong motivation to pursue a career in science
ConditionsA challenging position in a socially involved organisation. The salary will be in accordance with university regulations for academic personnel and amounts €2,325 (PhD) per month during the first year and increases to €2,972 (PhD) per month during the fourth year, based on a full-time employment. The job profile: is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for at least 1 FTE.
The appointment will initially be for 1 year. After a satisfactory evaluation of the initial appointment, the contract will be extended for a duration of 4 years.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter until 18 october 2019.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: M. Verhage