Tenure track position Assistant Professor in Energy Economics
Do you have experience in academic teaching and would you like to work in a multi-disciplinary team of professionals in the field of environment and economics in an academic environment? Please apply at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
- De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- € 3746 - € 5127 per maand
We are looking for a tenure track candidate who will be encouraged to develop a largely externally funded research programme in her/his research field. You will become part of the Environmental Economics department at the Institute for Environmental Studies (IVM) of Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. The job entails teaching, conducting research, and fulfilling limited administrative duties in support of the strong teaching and research base. Teaching involves courses in general environmental economics and in courses related to energy economics for various BSc and MSc programmes
- develop a largely externally funded research programme in your research field teach, conduct research, and fulfil limited administrative duties in support of the strong teaching and research base
- show academic leadership
- maintain a high publication output
- raise competitive research funding
- on the longer term, build up a successful group around your field of expertise
- a PhD degree in energy economics or environmental economics
- research interest and academic track record in energy economics
- significant experience in academic teaching
- strong quantitative methodological skills
ConditionsA challenging position in a socially involved organisation. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €3,746 (scale 11) and a maximum €5,127 (scale 11), depending on your education and experience. The job profile: is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for at least 1 FTE.
We offer a tenure track position at the level of Assistant Professor, initially for the duration of 6 years. During this period, performance will be evaluated in terms of teaching, publication record, and acquisition of prestigious personal grants or equivalent project funding. After a successful evaluation permanent employment will be granted.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- contribution to commuting expenses
- possibility to save holiday hours for sabbatical leave
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload a letter in which you describe your abilities and motivation, accompanied by your curriculum vitae, and two letters of recommendation by 29 September 2021.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Prof. Wouter Botzen or Prof. Pieter van Beukering
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com