The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science has a vacancy for two PhD students in the section CASA.
Analytical Chemist researchers for (process)contaminants
Are you an analytical research chemist with research experience in one or more of the following fields: process contaminants, or (an)organic contaminants? If …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 36 uur
Are you an analytical research chemist with research experience in one or more of the following fields: process contaminants, or (an)organic contaminants? If so, you are who we are looking for!
We are looking for Analytical Chemical researchers with experience in this specific field. Are you eager to take on the challenge of improving instrumental analysis techniques in this field using state-of-the-art measurement systems in the field of LC-(HR)MS and GC-(HR)MS? This may be the next step for you!
You will be responsible for properly and independently conducting research as well as shaping and directing both existing and new projects. Furthermore, you will initiate new research proposals in order to strengthen and renew this field of work.
Within the position you are responsible for the proper conduct of research or do your own research. You publish the results in reports, scientific journals and present the results at international congresses. In addition, you will initiate new research proposals so that the relevant professional field strengthens and innovates.
- An analytical chemist with at least 5 years of relevant experience; preferably with a PhD.
- Proven experience in the field of instrumental analyzes, preferably on one of the following fields: (environmental) contaminants (dioxins, PCBs, PFAS, mineral oil etc) process contaminants (acrylamide, 3-MCPD, AGEs etc).
- Experience in project-based work and collaboration with colleagues from other disciplines.
- A driven, inventive and result-oriented personality with a keen awareness of quality.
- Independence in initiating, acquiring and conducting research projects.
- An interesting network in the fields mentioned or complementary / related fields is a preferred.
- A challenging and dynamic position in a team whose members are characterised by their involvement, enthusiasm, and expertise.
- The position is for 36 hours a week and you will receive a salary proportionate to your knowledge and experience, with a minimum of €2,609.00 (gross), potentially up to €4,847.00 (gross, scale 10-11).
- This will initially be a two-year position with the possibility of extension. Given good performance over time, a permanent position will definitely be among your options.
- RIKILT has an excellent, secondary employment conditions package, offers training and professionalisation opportunities, and eagerly invests in its staff members.
Additional informationIf you are interested, but have more questions, please contact Linda Stolker (Business Unit Manager of Contaminants & Toxins); email@example.com 0317-480390 or Stefan van Leeuwen (Senior Researcher); firstname.lastname@example.org 0317-481984
Please submit your motivation letter and CV on May 20, 2018 at the latest. All applications are submitted via the Wageningen University & Research website: www.werkenbij.wur.nl