Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Aquaculture Governance Indicators postdoctoral research position
We are looking for a post-doctoral researcher to support the further development of the Aquaculture Governance Indicators(AGIs). The AGIs is a framework to …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
FunctieomschrijvingWe are looking for a post-doctoral researcher to support the further development of the Aquaculture Governance Indicators(AGIs). The AGIs is a framework to assess the governance performance of aquaculture sectors around the world to achieve long term sustainability. By joining our team you will be involved in the further development of the AGIs and coordinating and carrying out national and sector-based assessments in different countries. You are responsible for leading a number of peer reviewed publications reporting on the results of the AGI assessment. Finally you will assist the coordination of the project and relations with our direct project partners, including the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch and IDH - The Sustainable Trade Initiative.
The Environmental Policy Group at Wageningen is divided into five thematic research areas of food governance, marine governance, urban transformations, climate futures and environmental mobilities. You will be working between the marine and food themes in the group. Above all, you are a personable, social colleague and a team-worker willing to balance your personal interests with those of the group.
- a PhD degree in aquaculture development and/or the environmental social sciences (political science, economics sociology, geography);
- an interest in innovating qualitative and quantitative assessment methodologies for the efficiency of environmental governance is highly desirable;
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- a willingness to design and carry out extensive international field-work - preference will be given to those with demonstrated international experience;
- an emerging publishing record in peer reviewed international academic literature;
- demonstrated interest or ability to work in an interdisciplinary research environment;
- proven capacity to develop and maintain an international network of academics and practitioners.
We offer you a challenging position with, depending on your experience, a competitive salary from a minimum of €2.709,- to a maximum of €4.274,- for a full time working week of 38 hours (32 hours is negotiable) in accordance to the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities scale 10.
In addition, we offer:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- 8.3% fixed-year allowance;
- excellent training opportunities and secondary working conditions;
- flexible working hours and vacations can in consultation with colleagues be settled so that an optimal balance between work and private is possible;
- an excellent pension scheme via ABP;
- 232 holiday hours, the ability to purchase and good supplementary leave arrangements and an individualized model to compose part of your working conditions and a bicycle plan;
- make use of the sports facilities available on campus for a small fee.
Additional informationDo you want more information?
More details about the role can be obtained by contacting Prof. Simon Bush (mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
You can apply up to the 4th of November via the apply button on this page.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature