The chair group Health & Society of Wageningen University consist of 12 scientific and 4 support staff members. The group has a vacancy for an ambitious assistant professor with a PhD in Sociology, or another closely related social science discipline, with a particular interest for health in relation to the built and natural environment.
- Initiating and conducting national and international research within the field of health development in relation to the built and natural environment.
- Publishing research outcomes in international (peer-reviewed) journals.
- Presenting research findings at academic and professional conferences.
- Actively contributing to the development and delivery of Bachelor BSc and MSc programmes.
- Supervising research projects conducted by BSc, MSc students and PhD candidates.
- Active pursuit of external research funding.
- A PhD in Sociology, or a related field;
- Proven ability to publish in peer-reviewed journals;
- Ability to work in interdisciplinary and international research teams;
- Proven good didactic skills (Basic Training Qualification) at both Bachelor and Master level;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills of English and Dutch (competence level C1);
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team player;
- Experience with acquisition of external research funding is an advantage.
We offer scientists a challenging career trajectory called Tenure Track. From the position of Assistant Professor you can grow into a Associate Professor and with the possibilitie to Professor holding a Personal Chair. Training and coaching are provided and interdisciplinary (international) cooperation is stimulated.
We offer you a temporary contract for seven years for 38 hours per week, which can lead to a permanent employment contract. Yearly gross salary for Assistant Professors ranges from € 48,497 up to € 66,388 based on full time employment and depending on expertise and experience.
Upload your online application at www.jobsat.wur.nl/
, including a cover letter with your motivation and your CV (including list of publications) to Prof. Dr. Maria Koelen. Please upload the documents online before February 23rd, 2018. You will receive an automatic e-mail confirmation within 24 hours. The interviews will be held on the March 8th, 2018.
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Prof. Dr. Maria Koelen by E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
(please do not use this email address to apply).
The Health and Society Group
Health & Society is part of the Social Sciences Department of Wageningen University and is a rather young (2010) and quickly growing group not only in terms of research and education, but also in student numbers. The mission of the group is to explore health as a function of the interaction between people and their socio-ecological context, with special attention for risks, assets and resources for health. The focus is on theory development, and on design and evaluation of strategies that facilitate health development. Most of the teaching takes place in the Bachelor programme "Gezondheid en Maatschappij" and the Master programme Communication, Health and Life sciences, specialisation Health & Society.
Wageningen University and Research centre
Delivering a substantial contribution to the quality of life. That's our focus - each and every day. Within our domain, healthy food and living environment, we search for answers to issues affecting society - such as sustainable food production, climate change and alternative energy. Of course, we don't do this alone. Every day, 6,500 people work on 'the quality of life', turning ideas into reality, on a global scale.
Could you be one of these people? We give you the space you need. For further information about working at Wageningen UR, take a look at www.wageningenur.nl/en/Jobs.htm
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated.