Are you eager to explore the next steps to improve our online scientific Agri & Food platform?
Are you a Business Developer with experience in business and science ? Or are you a Scientist with a keen sense for business? Well both can apply!
Within the Plant Sciences Group we are looking for a business developer who is excited to work with international clients selling information and services derived from our online scientific Agri & Food platform. The business developer will focus on marketing the Agri & Food platform and Customer Services topics. The following topics are key aspects of the job; market validation, market analysis, license models, user intelligence and Customer-oriented product development.
Wageningen University & Research developed an online platform that is appreciated by thousands of global users. The online platform provides scientific information about opportunities to raise production of key crops. Customers utilize the platform to develop their strategy, create new projects or gain key insights on food production. The platform is widely used by industry, media and scientists.
The platform is currently in transition to improve customer experience and expand the customer base. The business developer is expected to play a key role in this transition. Frequent interactions with clients, marketing surveys and product development are among the key tools and methods to be used.
More about the team
The business developer will be based in Wageningen. You will be part of the Business development team and part of the Plant Production Systems group (PPS). PPS co-developed the online platform and is keen to utilize your insights to further expand the functionalities. The business development team has ample experience in generating income from online platforms, and will support you to accelerate the business side of the platform. Daily supervision will be provided by the Business development team. Furthermore you will be in close interaction with PPS scientists, the managing IT specialist of the online Platform, the data analysis trainee and other IT specialists.
We are looking for someone with a commercial drive and strong interest in international Agri and food business. This is a great position if you are keen to use and extend your knowledge in marketing and sales, learn more about valorisation of scientific knowledge and contribute to sustainable food production worldwide. Besides a competitive numeration, we offer a great opportunity to enhance your business skills.
- Marketing the online scientific Agri & Food platform.
- Act as intermediary between customers and scientific and technical staff.
- Documenting important steps in the project.
- Reporting weekly status and the end result of the project.
- Summarize value creation route: online licenses models and sponsorship options.
- Summarize market analysis: user intelligence, user data & website traffic.
- Write a business case based on market validation, user intelligence, and product development.
- Developing & administrate Customer Services topics like; software licensing & delivering product management, Customer account coordination and support.
- Manage small projects such as customers feature requests, custom reports, training needs, and custom tutorials.
- Maintain direct contact with customers.
- Selling software licenses to new customers and advanced users.
We are looking for a candidate with the following qualifications:
- a MSc degree in business administration, marketing or sales, or related field or a MSc degree in Life sciences with business & marketing knowledge;
- freelancers / independent contractors can also apply, we look at possibilities within our given budget & time for this project;
- knowledge of marketing and sales;
- commercial drive;
- experience in online sales and marketing;
- ability to work independently and in a team; pro-active attitude; good communication skills; capacity to plan towards achieving deliverables;
- a proactive and enterprising attitude.
- Excellent English and Dutch writing and communication skills. This position requires an excellent English language proficiency (a mininum of CEFR C2 level). For more information about this proficiency level, please visit our special language page.
A challenging position with, depending on your experience, a competitive salary from a minimum of €3336,- to a maximum of € 5183,- for a full working week of 36 hours in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement of Wageningen Research (scale 11) depending on experience.
We offer you a temporary contract of 0.6-0.8 FTE for 9 months. Depending on projects and performance an extension may be possible.
In addition, we offer:
- 8% holiday allowance
- a structural end-of-year bonus of 3%
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions
- flexible working hours that we determine together in good consultation
- excellent pension plan through ABP
- the possibility to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes
- a flexible model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan
- a lively workplace where you can easily make contacts and where many activities take place on the Wageningen Campus. A place where education, research and business are represented
- make use of the sports facilities on campus for a small fee.
Wageningen University & Research stimulates internal career opportunities and mobility with an internal recruitment policy. There are ample opportunities for own initiative in a learning environment.
We offer a versatile job in an international environment with varied activities in a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
Coming from abroad
Wageningen is a centre for research and entrepreneurship. The themes we deal with are relevant to everyone around the world and Wageningen, therefore, has a large international community and a lot to offer to international employees. It is a historic university town of about 36,000 residents in the central Netherlands. The academic community hails from more than 100 countries, giving the town a lively, international feel. Our highly qualified team of advisors on Dutch immigration procedures will help you with the visa application procedures for you and your family.
The WUR International Community
page contains practical information about what we do to support international employees and students coming to Wageningen. And watch this video to learn more about working at our green bustling campus.
For more information about this function, please contact Roeland Kavelaar recruiter PSG telephone +31 (0) 317 488 584 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
. For more information about the procedure, please contact email@example.com
.Do you want to apply?
This can be done directly via the application button at the vacancy on our website so that we can process your personal data with your permission.This vacancy is open up to and including June 7, 2020.
The job interviews are planned between 9th and 23rd of June, 2020.