Ongeveer 24 uur geleden - Universiteit Maastricht - Maastricht
Do you have a background in Food Technology? Are you interested in working with students? We have a vacancy for an Education Assistant. What will you do?In …
2 maanden geleden
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
FunctieomschrijvingDo you have a background in Food Technology? Are you interested in working with students? We have a vacancy for an Education Assistant.
What will you do?
In the role of Education Assistant, you will will help us to further develop learning materials that facilitate increasing student numbers. Furthermore, you are involved in practical courses and supervision of group work. You will:
- develop (e-learning) material in collaboration with academic staff members;
- introduce these new materials in our current campus education (lab classes, tutorials, BSc thesis materials), mainly as supervisor;
- evaluate new materials and make improvements where necessary.
- have a MSc graduation in Food Technology, preferably in Food Physics, or Food Process Engineering;
- intrinsic motivation for continuous improvement of education;
- enthusiasm for working with students;
- excellent communication skills;
- good organisation skills.
ConditionsWageningen University & Research offers excellent terms of employment. A few highlights from our Collective Labour Agreement include:
- sabbatical leave, study leave, and partially paid parental leave;
- working hours that can be discussed and arranged so that they allow for the best possible work-life balance;
- the option to accrue additional compensation / holiday hours by working more, up to 40 hours per week;
- there is a strong focus on vitality and you can make use of the sports facilities available on campus for a small fee;
- a fixed December bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent pension scheme.
Wageningen University & Research encourages internal advancement opportunities and mobility with an internal recruitment policy. There are plenty of options for personal initiative in a learning environment, and we provide excellent training opportunities. We are offering a unique position in an international environment with a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
You are going to work at the greenest and most innovative campus in Holland, and at a university that has been chosen as the Best University in the Netherlands for the 16th consecutive time.
Coming from abroad
Wageningen University & Research is the university and research centre for life sciences. The themes we deal with are relevant to everyone around the world and Wageningen, therefore, has a large international community and a lot to offer to international employees. Applicants from abroad moving to the Netherlands may qualify for a special tax relief, known as the 30% ruling. Our team of advisors on Dutch immigration procedures will help you with the visa application procedures for yourself and, if applicable, for your family.
Feeling welcome also has everything to do with being well informed. Wageningen University & Research's International Community page contains practical information about what we can do to support international employees and students coming to Wageningen. Furthermore, we can assist you with any additional advice and information about helping your partner to find a job, housing, schooling, and other issues.
Additional informationDo you want more information?
For more information about this position, please contact dr. E. van der Linden by email: email@example.com.
For more information about the contractual aspects, please contact Emma Langelaan, HR Advisor by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you want to apply?
You can apply directly using the apply button on the vacancy page on our website which will allow us to process your personal information with your approval.
Don't wait with your application. As soon as we have good applicants we will schedule interviews. We hope to talk to you soon!
Wageningen University & Research (WUR) employs a large number of people with very different backgrounds and qualities, who inspire and motivate each other. We want every talent to feel at home in our organisation and be offered the same career opportunities. We therefore especially welcome applications from people who are underrepresented at WUR. For more information please go to our inclusivity page. A good example of how WUR deals with inclusiveness can be read on the page working at WUR with a functional impairment.