Ongeveer 21 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Lecturer Biosystems Engineering
Are you that motivated / engaged lecturer in biosystems engineering who likes to share and transfer your knowledge and skills in a range of BSc and MSc …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
Are you that motivated / engaged lecturer in biosystems engineering who likes to share and transfer your knowledge and skills in a range of BSc and MSc engineering courses?
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative, skilful and stimulating Lecturer Biosystems Engineering. You will be responsible for the coordination and teaching of a collection of courses within the Bachelors and Masters programme Biosystems Engineering. More information about the BSc (in Dutch) and MSc (in English) study programme can be found at www.agrotechnologie.nl and www.biosystemsengineering.nl, respectively. These study programs focus on design, understanding and development of engineering technology for sustainable production of food and biomass. You will join a team of four (two female and two male) lecturers currently employed in our group.
Your activities as a teacher include teaching courses and supervising practicals focussed on the basics in engineering, mechanics, physics, physical transport phenomena, and development of research skills. Higher level engineering knowledge and skills are taught in courses like Biosystems Design, Automation, Mathematical Modelling, Machine Learning, Precision Farming and Greenhouse Technology. Organizational aspects include coordination of the teachers involved in the courses, maintenance of the digital learning environment (BrightSpace), organization of excursions and coordination of course examinations. Part of your time will be devoted to maintenance and innovation of the courses. In addition, you will be involved in one-to-one supervision of students during their BSc and MSc thesis project. An overview of all courses of the Farm Technology Group can be found here: https://www.wur.nl/en/Research-Results/Chair-groups/Plant-Sciences/Farm-Technology-Group/Education.htm. Further personal development and growth in this position will be supported with training and courses, as well as career development within the Farm Technology Group or within Wageningen University and Research.
We expect you to:
- be an inspiring teacher, preferably with well-developed didactical skills;
- have proven experience with course teaching (preferably having a BKO certificate or equivalent);
- be a teammate;
- be an inspiring one-to-one supervisor of students during their Bachelor's and Master's thesis research projects;
- have a solid basis in one or more engineering disciplines: mechanical engineering, physics, physical transport phenomena, or design methods;
- have preferably a PhD degree;
- have an affiliation with agriculture and an interest in the practical aspects of agriculture;
- have good coordination and organizational skills;
- have good communication skills;
- be fluent in English (both oral and written), Dutch is welcome. This position requires an excellent English language proficiency (a mininum of CEFR C2 level). For more information about this proficiency level, please visit our special language page.
ConditionsA challenging position with, depending on your experience, a competitive salary from a minimum of € 2.709,- to a maximum of € 4.978,- for a full working week of 38 hours in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities (scale 10 or 11). In addition, an appointment of 0.8 FTE is negotiable.
In addition, we offer:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a structural year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
- flexible working hours and holidays can possibly be determined in consultation so that an optimal balance between work and private life is possible;
- excellent pension plan through ABP;
- 232 vacation hours, the option to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes;
- a flexible working time: the possibility to work a maximum of 2 hours per week extra and thereby to build up extra leave;
- a choice model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan;
- a lively workplace where you can easily make contacts and where many activities take place on the Wageningen Campus. A place where education, research and business are represented;
- use the sports facilities on campus.
Additional informationFor more information about this function, please contact prof. dr. Peter Groot Koerkamp, professor and chair holder of the Farm Technology Group, telephone +31 317 480831 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the procedure, please contact email@example.com.
General information about the Farm Technology Group can be found on www.wur.nl/fte.
This vacancy is open until 31 December 2019.
You can only apply online through: www.wur.eu/career
The first job interviews will take place in January 2019.