Lecturer / education coordinator Environmental Policy Group
We are looking for a lecturer (holding an MSc or PhD in sociology, social geography, political sciences, or environmental social sciences), aspiring to build …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 32 uur
We are looking for a lecturer (holding an MSc or PhD in sociology, social geography, political sciences, or environmental social sciences), aspiring to build a career in university education. To take up this position you must have a passion for structuring and delivering student focused education both individually and in a team environment. You should also have proven didactic and coordination skills, as well as an ability to develop and put into action the wider educational vision of the Environmental Policy Group.
The Environmental Policy Group offers 24 courses in Bachelor and Master programmes concerning Environment, Climate, Food, Marine, Metropolitan and Tourism studies at Wageningen University and contributes to many other courses in even a wider range of fields. ENP aspires to be a front-runner in on-line teaching methods (MOOCs) and innovative student projects (4TU Student Challenge, International Environmental Consultancy, Master's courses at the AMS-institute).
As a lecturer in our group you will contribute to a strongly internationally oriented teaching programme at Wageningen University. We ask you to:
- Contribute to courses in the Bachelor and Masters of Environmental Sciences and MSc. Urban Environmental Management.
- Supervise groups of students in courses, consultancy projects, thesis rings.
- Communicate our educational program to students within and outside Wageningen University
- Organise ENP teaching staff meetings, peer review sessions, student colloquia
- Assist in building and sharing digital learning environments for ENP courses (Blackboard, Feedback Fruits, Question Mark, etc.) and on-line teaching (MOOCs)
- Administer educational activities such as student registrations for courses, internships and theses, grades, and finances.
- An MSc or PhD in the area of sociology, social geography, political sciences, or environmental social sciences;
- Affinity with and experience in research on environmental sustainability;
- A passion for education on the social science of the environment, and demonstrated enthusiasm for lecturing international students;
- Demonstrated ability to organise and execute multiple (educational) tasks;
- Excellent communication skills, both with students and academic staff;
- Fluent in English.
- Demonstrated interest or ability to work in an interdisciplinary research environment.
- A strong team player willing to contribute to the wider interests of the group.
ConditionsWe offer a creative and inspiring working environment, with opportunities for self-development in the many aspects of environmental policy teaching. Initially, the employment is temporary for a period of two years, starting with a one year contract.
This is a part time position (0.8 fte), lecturer scale 4 or 3 (Hayscale) depending on quality and experience. The gross salary ranges from € 2.588,- to € 4.084,- based on full time, i.e. 38 hours/week - Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities. We offer a holiday allowance of 8% and an end-of-the-year bonus of 8.3% of your annual salary.
Additional informationAdditional information about the vacancy can be obtained from: Dr Bas van Vliet, telephone number: +31 (0)317 482473; e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested? We are looking forward to receiving your letter of motivation and your CV online via our online application button before May 31, 2018.