1 dag geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Lecturer Environmental Policy
Do you have a passion for teaching and can you motivate and mentor students, both individually and in a team environment? Did you finish your PhD in one of …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 32 uur
Do you have a passion for teaching and can you motivate and mentor students, both individually and in a team environment? Did you finish your PhD in one of the social sciences and a demonstrable interest in sustainable food provision from a global perspective? Then we are looking for you!
For the Environmental Policy Group at Wageningen University (ENP) we need a new lecturer. Prior didactic and teaching skills and experience are a plus but not absolute necessity. As this is a starting education position, you will be offered support and opportunities to build an education career our university.
We offer numerous course in programmes concerning Environment, Climate, Food, Marine, Urban and Tourism studies and contributes to many other courses in even a wider range of fields. ENP also seeks to be a front-runner in on-line teaching methods (MOOCs) and innovative student projects (4TU Student Challenge, International Environmental Consultancy, Master's courses at the AMS-institute). In this position you will lecture and coordinate courses on 'globalization and sustainability of food production and consumption', 'environmental sociology' and sociological theories.
As a lecturer in our group you will contribute to a strongly internationally oriented teaching programme and some of your responsibilities are:
- support courses in various programmes, at both Bachelor and Masters level, including leading tutorials, supervision, marking and occasionally lecturing;
- supervise (groups of) students in courses, consultancy projects, internships and theses;
- coordinate thesis student presentations;
- assist in building and using digital learning environments for ENP courses (Brightspace, Feedback Fruits, Question Mark, etc.) and on-line teaching (MOOCs);
- keep developing the extensive educational portfolio of ENP and seek opportunities for education innovation.
Our ideal candidate is a teammate who collaborates with colleagues and (thesis) students focusing on food and sustainability governance. Above all, you are a social colleague willing to balance your personal interests with those of others.
Furthermore you have/are:
- a PhD in the field of sociology, social geography, political sciences, environmental (social) sciences, or other discipline with an affinity with the environment, in particular sustainability challenges related to food;
- an enthusiasm for education on social science aspects of the environment and enthusiasm for lecturing diverse groups of students;
- ability to coordinate and execute multiple (educational) tasks;
- excellent communication skills, both with students and academic staff;
- proficient in English, written and spoken;
- demonstrated interest or ability to work in an interdisciplinary education and research environment.
ConditionsWith the job comes a creative and inspiring working environment. You will have many opportunities for self-development in many aspects of environmental policy education through the new education pathway (also known as education tenure track).
The vacancy for lecturer is a part-time position (0.8 fte), lecturer scale 4 (Hayscale). A position with, depending on your experience, a competitive salary from a minimum of € 2.709 to a maximum of € 4.274 for a full working week of 38 hours in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement Dutch Universities (scale 10). You will receive a 1 year contract with possible extension.
In addition we offer:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a structural year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
- flexible working hours and holidays can possibly be determined in consultation so that an optimal balance between work and private life is possible;
- excellent pension plan through ABP;
- 232 vacation hours, the option to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes;
- a flexible working time: the possibility to work 2 hours per week extra and thereby to build up extra leave;
- a choice model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan;
- a lively workplace where you can easily make contacts and where many activities take place on the Wageningen Campus. A place where education, research and business are represented.
We offer a versatile job in an international environment with varied activities in a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
Additional informationAdditional information about the vacancy can be obtained from: Prof. Dr Peter Oosterveer, telephone number: +31 (0) )317 485038; e-mail address: email@example.com
Interested? We are eager to receive your letter of motivation and your CV online via the application button on our website before November 22, 2019.