Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Postdoc-position project CROPBOOSTER
Are you a social scientist who wants to contribute to future plants? Are you interested in contributing to such plants being developed in a way that support …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
Are you a social scientist who wants to contribute to future plants? Are you interested in contributing to such plants being developed in a way that support societal embedding?
Our European project Cropbooster is scoping the potential for future proofing our plants in such a way that more sunlight is translated into plant growth and associated biomass. These enhanced plants are expected to result in more sustainable production of food and other biomaterials
Within the chair group Marketing and Consumer Behaviour (MCB) the project investigates what consumer and other societal issues are likely to come up that need to be accounted for to ensure responsible development of these future plants. We do so in close collaboration with partners in France, Germany, the UK and several other European countries, so that we get a good impression of issues across Europe. This project is part of the sub-programme of MCB on consumer responses to new technologies and innovations in agriculture and food production.
We are looking for a team member for this project who can:
- Conduct a systematic literature review of consumer issues around future proofing of plants
- Conduct workshops with consumer (representatives) to further identify these issues
- Conduct workshops with expert to identify societal and RRI issues around future proofing plants
- Subject combined recommendations for future development to a citizen jury to investigate societal acceptability of the proposed outcomes
- A completed PhD with relevant experience in the social sciences
- Motivation to contribute to innovations aimed at sustainable plants
- Skilled in workshop methods with interdisciplinary audience
- Skilled in systematic literature research, or willingness to develop this skill
- Good writing style and ambition to publish your research in scientific journals
- Motivation to collaborate with international partners
ConditionsA challenging position of max. 24 months (1.0 fte) with, depending on your experience, a competitive salary from a minimum of € 2.709 to a maximum of € 4.274 for a full working week of 38 hours in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement Dutch Universities.
In addition, we offer:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a structural year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
- flexible working hours and holidays can possibly be determined in consultation so that an optimal balance between work and private life is possible;
- excellent pension plan through ABP;
- 232 vacation hours, the option to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes;
- a flexible working time: the possibility to work a maximum of 2 hours per week extra and thereby to build up extra leave;
- a choice model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan;
- a lively workplace where you can easily make contacts and where many activities take place on the Wageningen Campus. A place where education, research and business are represented;
- use the sports facilities on campus.
We offer a versatile job in an international environment with varied activities in a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
Additional informationFor more information about this function, please contact Dr Arnout Fischer, Associate Professor by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
General information about the Marketing and Consumer Behaviour group can be found on https://www.wur.nl/en/Research-Results/Chair-groups/Social-Sciences/Marketing-and-Consumer-Behaviour-Group.htm
This vacancy is open until 12 October 2019. We aim to have the first job interviews in the week of 14 October 2019.