Ongeveer 8 uur geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Postdoc SUstainable Management in EXtractive Industries (SUMEX).
Do you have a strong and demonstrated affinity with sustainable land policy and management, and a PhD in a related field like spatial planning, environmental …
- Droevendaalsesteeg, Wageningen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 32 uur
FunctieomschrijvingDo you have a strong and demonstrated affinity with sustainable land policy and management, and a PhD in a related field like spatial planning, environmental policy or land management? Are you eager to be part of an international and interdisciplinary project, including scientific institutions, industry and (non)governmental organizations spanning eight European countries? Then this could be your dream job!
We are hiring a postdoc to contribute to a recently funded EU project called SUstainable Management in EXtractive Industries (SUMEX). The project seeks to establish a framework of what sustainability means for the extractive industry in Europe. You will be contributing to the analysis of policy strategies and property rights instruments for promoting extractive activities, in order to identify which strategies and its components work more effective, efficient, legitimate, or just in given situations. The project is highly interdisciplinary and international, including organizations from a range of European countries. Next to your research, you will incorporate project activities within courses we teach within our study programme and supervise BSc and MSc thesis students.
You will do all of this in an ideal working environment. Our campus is an inspiring green place to work, and has been selected as the most sustainable campus in the world multiple times. Besides that, we have a top ranking in several fields, with a #1 ranking for environmental science, ecology and agriculture, as well as very strong rankings in other fields. Finally, as for education, Wageningen University has been chosen as the "Best University" in the Netherlands for the 15th consecutive time.
Do you want to know more about our work at the Landscape Architecture and Spatial Planning (LSP) group? Check out our page with news, recent publications and projects.
- A PhD in a relevant field (e.g. Environmental Policy, Spatial Planning, Land Management);
- Clear and proven interest in sustainable land policy and management;
- Experience with land policy instruments;
- Experience with approaches in policy integration;
- A publication record containing at least two ISI journal publications;
- Good communicative and writing skills (English);
- A collegial attitude and a clear willingness to collaborate in interdisciplinary teams.
ConditionsA challenging position for 2 years (0,84 fte, 32 h/week) with, depending on your experience, a competitive salary from a minimum of € 3353 to a maximum of € 5127 based on a full-time appointment in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities (scale 10-11). Due to its duration and the mixture of research and education (60/40), this position forms an excellent starting point for a tenure tack.
In addition, we offer:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a structural year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
- flexible working hours and holidays can possibly be determined in consultation so that an efficient balance between work and private life is possible;
- excellent pension plan through ABP;
- 232 vacation hours (based on 1.0fte), the option to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes;
- a choice model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan;
- a lively workplace where you can easily make contacts and where many activities are organized the Wageningen Campus. A place where education, research and business are represented;
- use of the sports facilities on campus for a reduced fee
We offer a versatile job in an international environment with varied activities in a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
Additional informationTo learn more about this function, please contact Thomas Hartmann, project leader SUMEX at WUR, telephone +31 317 485095 or by e-mail: email@example.com
For additional information about the procedure, please contact Edgar Tijhuis, corporate recruiter, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
General information about our group can be found here.
This vacancy is open until 16 November 2020. The first interviews will take place on December 3 and 4.
Equal opportunities employer
We are an employer that offers equal opportunities. We are happy to receive applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of race, gender, functional impairment, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age. We believe that a diverse and inclusive working environment makes us a more relevant, competitive and resilient organization. Click here for more information about working at WUR with a functional impairment.